StonedAF

please fix the vehicle flipping

apparently we can flip huge 10 tonne btr's on a simple rock like we're playing with toy cars, please fix its so annoying

Posted (edited)

Yeah, sometimes even a freaking barrel roll is possible 9_9

Edited by Phoenixstorm
spelling

Its the tossing a logi , its like a new Highland event. :)

I wouldn't change a single thing about the vehicle physics. Just like in real life there are limitations and dangers to driving. Squad already leans heavily into the Arcade side of things in this respect giving all of the vehicle's mountain goat hill climbing abilities. Simply avoid walls, guard rails, boulders, stumps, trees and logs and you're good.

6 hours ago, StonedAF said:

apparently we can flip huge 10 tonne btr's on a simple rock like we're playing with toy cars, please fix its so annoying

hahaha so true

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I wouldn't change a single thing about the vehicle physics. Just like in real life there are limitations and dangers to driving. Squad already leans heavily into the Arcade side of things in this respect giving all of the vehicle's mountain goat hill climbing abilities. Simply avoid walls, guard rails, boulders, stumps, trees and logs and you're good.

Have you ever seen videos of tanks in combat? or videos of Russians doing tank races? they roll on walls and destroy them, tear everything in their path, make 1 meter jumps like a rally race, serious

Russian army Game tank biathlon

Edited by infamousplayer

47 minutes ago, infamousplayer said:

Have you ever seen videos of tanks in combat? or videos of Russians doing tank races? they roll on walls and destroy them, tear everything in their path, make 1 meter jumps like a rally race, serious

Russian army Game tank biathlon

Yeah, and in those same videos and many others armored vehicles flip over, lose their tracks and get buried in mud pits so what's your point?

Point being, within the confines of video game format I feel like the developers have done their best to replicate a semi realistic vehicle experience in Squad.

Like I already pointed out, Squad has already went way into the Arcade realm for the sake of fun. What more do you guys want? GTA V physics?

9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

once again you prove to be the worst poster on here

believe it or not 500bhp+ vehicles can go up shallow inclines

shovel/repair tool unflip is the future. make it soon :)

1 hour ago, suds said:

shovel/repair tool unflip is the future. make it soon :)

You can already un-flip all assets without your shovel ;D

An unflip button I think is a bit much. Some vehicles flip because their drivers mess up or push the vehicle too far, and there shouldn’t be a whole lot of leniency for that. On the other hand, running into tiny trees or brushing against guardrails or fences and flipping or getting stuck is a bit of a pain. That needs to be reworked a little.

Its not the people are always to blame, just happens too often things happening like vehicles stuck in objects, small walls that float vehicles in the air, general glitches that are just too numerous. How about when you start the map and 2 of the vehicles are flipped at the start is that the players fault too. 

No ones asking for the world. If you can pull a Radio out of your butt think a command to reset the vehicle isnt too much. 

12 minutes ago, Smee said:

Its not the people are always to blame, just happens too often things happening like vehicles stuck in objects.... 

This. 

In my experience most of the vehicles flip because they hit a tiny rock or touch an other vehicle and then go airborne. 

And these are BS situations because of bad physics. 

Since it seems to take quite some time to fix this issue of bad physics. 

Why not bring a intermediate solution in form if a unflip button like in PS? 

And when the issue is solve just remove it again. 

A temporary solution, that has proven it works and is easy to apply because it is already there. And prevent game breaking problems. 

Seems like a win only for me. 

Yep vehicle flips have been a regular occurence lately. Planetside unflip button would be great.

Also the craters on Talil trap tanks which is particularly frustrating on a map meant to showcase the armor so much.

23 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

You can already un-flip all assets without your shovel ;D

really?

16 hours ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

An unflip button I think is a bit much. Some vehicles flip because their drivers mess up or push the vehicle too far, and there shouldn’t be a whole lot of leniency for that. On the other hand, running into tiny trees or brushing against guardrails or fences and flipping or getting stuck is a bit of a pain. That needs to be reworked a little.

Having to step out is already a major disadvantage in an attempt at unflipping a 60ton item. Have a timer or something so youd have to stand there while you hold down that button as you would when getting in or out of vehicles. That way, if someone took a risk at some questionable maneuvers, hed be punished by having to stand there outside his vic for 1min or so trying to unflip it.

Better that than jumping on the wheels or going under the tracks, right? I mean doing the latter would definitely ruin immersion wayyy more than a 'magic reset button'

1 hour ago, plural_boink said:

Having to step out is already a major disadvantage in an attempt at unflipping a 60ton item. Have a timer or something so youd have to stand there while you hold down that button as you would when getting in or out of vehicles. That way, if someone took a risk at some questionable maneuvers, hed be punished by having to stand there outside his vic for 1min or so trying to unflip it.

Better that than jumping on the wheels or going under the tracks, right? I mean doing the latter would definitely ruin immersion wayyy more than a 'magic reset button'

Interesting idea, but I still think vics flipped due to reckless driving should be lost or recovered, not just magically flipped. Once the collision issues are fixed, there should be no button, no jumping on the tires, no getting under the tracks. If it’s flipped, you’re calling another vehicle to unflip it or abandoning it altogether.

19 hours ago, suds said:

really?

Sometimes it can get tricky, old but gold favourite is to lay and wobble on wheels/tracks, tbh that worked very well in the past but with v12 we found another method that is working reliably even with v13.1 now.

The trick/bug get to throw the vehicle all over the place and get it unflipped if you are lucky, if not just repeat is the climbing Animation for high walls.

Just do the Animation and grab the wheels/tracks with your hand and climb on them, if the tracks should be too high to reach like a Bradley on the side or upside down just get on top of the vehicle first. Then walk the edge of the wheels/tracks and walk backwards until you fall and as soon as you do immediately hit space to get into the climbing animation.

That should help you out until we get new physics :3

ah no...

I mean shovel the vic to make it flip, a new feature request. discussed in other vic flipping threads.

On 16.5.2019 at 1:42 PM, suds said:

ah no...

I mean shovel the vic to make it flip, a new feature request. discussed in other vic flipping threads.

The shovel didn't make any sense tbh.

First: All crewman should have access to the unflipp tool.

Second: Lead-Crewman didn't have a shovel.

Third: Possible other things would be the repair tool or a car lift tool or maybe something like  a logi with a mini repair station or something special like a  recovery vehicle.

all been discussed before. Repair tool can behave the same as shovel

shovel makes total sense, it is the utility tool of the game.

and in reality if I had the time and motivation I could flip just about any vehicle with a shovel :)