awegh

Players who consistently get more kills than deaths as infantry: how do you do it?

Posted (edited)
On 15/06/2019 at 8:40 PM, MeFirst said:

Very likely he is basically getting "carried" in one way or the other. By his squad, by the team or simply because the enemy is feeding.

It is also stupid just to look at the top or worst results as a player. You need to look how a player plays 90% of the time. We all have rounds where we get very good or very poor results, but those rounds are not the rule. Personally I often see players "performing well" when they overall balance is completely broken and one team gets steamrolled or made a big mistake and keeps feeding the enemy. 

he's not getting carried at all, most of the time I'm his SL

he just has great FPS skills

Edited by Hotpokkaminny

Has nothing to do with you being his SL. Please ready my entire post. There are several factors that he is most likely benefiting from. This also does not devalue the skill of the player. These factors basically just multiply it. 

Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-15 at 6:40 AM, MeFirst said:

Very likely he is basically getting "carried" in one way or the other. By his squad, by the team or simply because the enemy is feeding.

It is also stupid just to look at the top or worst results as a player. You need to look how a player plays 90% of the time. We all have rounds where we get very good or very poor results, but those rounds are not the rule. Personally I often see players "performing well" when they overall balance is completely broken and one team gets steamrolled or made a big mistake and keeps feeding the enemy. 

I've been getting >5:1 K/D on public servers pretty much since the second match I played in Squad. My ~20 years of FPS skills certainly transferred pretty readily. All you need is significantly better shooter mechanics and game sense than the average player and you can get these kinds of K/Ds every round. Even when losing, you can outplay 5 opponents before going down. Of course this isn't the case in competitive matches, where you play with and against players of higher calibre. 

It has actually gotten easier to get high K/Ds since they implemented weapon sway and suppression, as those changes increased survivability and opportunity for relying on clever plays over twitch aim. Experienced FPSers are good not because they have superior hand-eye or reflexes, but because they know every trick in the book.

Edited by pinko