Sign in to follow this  
Project Reality Guy

How To Create Own Server?

As title says, if I wanted to run a public server that ran 24/7 and have it be as stable as possible what type of build would I be looking at cost end PC wise?. For example I usually use gaming rigs that run from $800 - 1,400$. What would it cost to throw the required hardware for a server in its own tower?, and does anyone know actual cost for the server rental itself?. I hear some are mere dollars, where as others can be a lot?. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm a big time Squad fan and have been playing since release and obviously based on my name have played PR years ago. I would love to set up a INS/INV/DES server as there are few invasion servers alone aside from AAS. 

A good place to start maybe some of our general hosting partners: https://joinsquad.com/rent-a-server/

Should give you a good idea of price ranges and what the standard specs are on the market. The next step you might want to take would be to join the Hosting discord and poke other administrators/owners for advice.

You may also be interested in the server configuration page on the wiki.

Note that you'll need to have a license if you want to appear in the official list versus the Custom Servers list.