Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Personally I'd like to see the game migrate towards a place where it can played to its fullest extent by itself without any oversight just like a lot of previous titles in the same genre. Currently it seems like the game is almost there but I'd to see a few more changes to facilitate the goal of full autonomy.

 

First and foremost reduce the TK auto kick down from 7 to around 2-3. The kick should last for the duration of the entire match as well. Accidents happen however at nearly 5000 hours of playtime I can probably count my own TK's on both hands. Players should know that the game doesn't make judgment calls it simply kicks at a particular number. 7 is way to high.

 

Secondly, increase the main base protection radius even further on some maps and possibly even add some type of auto turrets nearby as well.

 

Next program some form of filters to the text chat with the most commonly used profanity and slurs. This is a no brainer really and I'm surprised it wasn't implemented from the start considering today's sensibilities.

 

And lastly reprogram the crewman vehicles to override one-manning. The first crewman in goes into the second seat and then and only then can another crewman enter the drivers seat. Obviously there can be disconnects and stranded players however that's just the nature of the game. Nobody should be allowed to solo vehicles.

 

Please feel free to add any other ideas you've thought of that would make the game more self sufficient or if you disagree perhaps explain why these aren't sensible ideas.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with all points, but I wouldn’t reprogram the driver seat so you need a gunner first. I’d recommend a solution like increasing the seat switch speed or “locking” the turret temporarily after entering the seat, Project Reality style.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest 1 man TANK/APC/IFV etc are pretty much vehicle wasting and a kick/ban reason on many servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

To be honest 1 man TANK/APC/IFV etc are pretty much vehicle wasting and a kick/ban reason on many servers.

OK. So if everyone agrees its not only inappropriate and but also wasteful then why does the game still allow it after all this time?

 

Either the ability to one man vehicles should be fully disabled or the vehicles themselves should be reprogrammed so seat 1 can both drive and shoot. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

OK. So if everyone agrees its not only inappropriate and but also wasteful then why does the game still allow it after all this time?

 

Either the ability to one man vehicles should be fully disabled or the vehicles themselves should be reprogrammed so seat 1 can both drive and shoot. Wouldn't that make more sense?

I mean if your driver gets killed during repairs it would be very bad when you can't do anything anymore on the field because you are alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

these are all just plain awful

especially a profanity filter, this is an adult game

Edited by Hotpokkaminny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i disagree with all op points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, suds said:

i disagree with all op points.

same here, except the", increase the main base protection radius even further on some maps" that could work on maps like Gorodok that the single main road right in front of the base didn't get mined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 11:41 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

...facilitate the goal of full autonomy

I agree that the things listed need to be reduced (a lot in some cases), but I don’t think automation is the right way to make some of these decisions. For example, sometimes vics are one-manned simply to RTB or transfer to a spawn point, not to enter combat (maybe some are against that, I dunno). Making a software piece to control exactly how someone goes about it and judge what does and doesn’t deserve a kick causes the same issues as an abusive or careless admin. 

Conversely, main base expansion is probably needed in some maps. Might get rid of the “PROJECTILE DESTROYED” message that pops up constantly if they do expand em.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:41 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

7 is way to high.

Miscommunication with mortars/rocket trucks might cause more than 2-3 TKs. People have their faults, but I’d rather not get kicked from the server for something that’s genuinely an accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

I agree that the things listed need to be reduced (a lot in some cases), but I don’t think automation is the right way to make some of these decisions. For example, sometimes vics are one-manned simply to RTB or transfer to a spawn point, not to enter combat (maybe some are against that, I dunno). Making a software piece to control exactly how someone goes about it and judge what does and doesn’t deserve a kick causes the same issues as an abusive or careless admin. 

Conversely, main base expansion is probably needed in some maps. Might get rid of the “PROJECTILE DESTROYED” message that pops up constantly if they do expand em.

Miscommunication with mortars/rocket trucks might cause more than 2-3 TKs. People have their faults, but I’d rather not get kicked from the server for something that’s genuinely an accident.

Anywhere outside the main protection zones is the battlefield and a playable area regardless if someone is one manning the vehicle with good intentions it can be engaged and destroyed. I think you could agree IRL there is no "one-manning" an Abrams right? Isn't the whole reason for creating the crewman class in the first place so every player has a role and a purpose in a complex vehicle?

 

Moderators can't be on every server every minute of the day so if the game programming continues to allow it then chances are someone will more often than not do it and essentially ruin your match.

 

So yeah, which is more important, inconveniencing a singular player or ruining the match for the other 39 people on your team?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Moderators can't be on every server every minute of the day so if the game programming continues to allow it then chances are someone will more often than not do it and essentially ruin your match.

I’d honestly prefer that one guy and no mods to automated admins. Just my opinion, but software is generally black and white, unable to really comprehend anything that falls into a gray area.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I think you could agree IRL there is no "one-manning" an Abrams right?

In combat? No. When traversing an already secured path to get it to a crew, they’d use a truck. Of course, we don’t have HEMTTs or anything heavy-duty enough to carry an Abrams, so I could understand making an exception for non-combat movements. Not necessarily saying I agree with deciding to use them, but it does become useful on occasion.

Edited by TheRubbaPelican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-3 TKs is one bad grenade or tank shell hitting a tree

it's funny how you talk about the realism of one manning Abrams (which would absolutely happen if the other crewmen were dead) but also want a big magic anti bullet zone around main and auto turrets

you consistently post the worst opinions on here, we'd have a great game if the devs just did the exact opposite of anything you suggest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

...you consistently post the worst opinions on here, we'd have a great game if the devs just did the exact opposite of anything you suggest (emphasis added)

Just to be clear... Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

we'd have a great game if the devs just did the exact opposite of anything you suggest

It already is a great game just hardly anyone plays it. Maybe you've got some better suggestions to offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

for mainbase protection I would remove all magical domes and replace with an automated warning system.

 

lots of options 

  • interval scan UAV type thing around mainbase.
  • automated commander which has the same effect as UAV but just marks all enemies and explosives with a range of the main base at short intervals.
  • a system which automatically disarms explosives placed in the main area.
  • rockets etc could always bounce off.
  • automated guns on the pillboxes covering the entrances to the main and or areas of the base around vics.
  • trenches/fences/walls which are hard/impossible to get over from outside.
  • plenty more...

The key to this is that once the last flag is capped the main becomes a target instead of an unplayable area wasting resources behind a magical curtain.

The automated assets could be disabled at this point or linked to a command bunker which behaves the same as HABS. Blow it up to win (after all flags are capped).

Edited by suds
replaced AI with Automated, no need for intelligence, thanks @phoneixstorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, suds said:
  • an AI that automatically disarms explosives placed in the main area.
  • stupid AI guns on the pillboxes covering the entrances to the main and or areas of the base around vics.
1

Stretch the AI, in the past OWI, stated that they didn't plan any sort of AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suds said:

Blow it up to win (after all flags are capped).

Making main an objective would be interesting... I’d like to see this (in a test build or special AAS/INV layer perhaps?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

Moderator edit

Even if you disagree, there is no need for that. At least you can provide proper counter arguments.

 

A bunch of people seem to agree, so should the devs ignore them all just because you don't agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Even if you disagree, there is no need for that. At least you can provide proper counter arguments.

 

A bunch of people seem to agree, so should the devs ignore them all just because you don't agree?

I don't really see a bunch of people agreeing

these are all transparently moronic suggestions, there's no need for counterpoints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it civil lads, it's ok to disagree with someones Ideas as long as you keep it in a respectful manner and make it a productive conversation, instead of a pointless flame war.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

I don't really see a bunch of people agreeing

these are all transparently moronic suggestions, there's no need for counterpoints

Interestingly enough my four main points that I touch upon are exactly the same complaints you see the tattletale's whine about pretty every match regardless if there's admin present or not.

 

Certainly it could be argued from the standpoint that if you're the owner of a private server wouldn't you want the game itself to be more self sufficient so that you could actually have fun playing instead of dealing with all the Jr. High nonsense that often times goes on in a match?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Interestingly enough my four main points that I touch upon are exactly the same complaints you see the tattletale's whine about pretty every match regardless if there's admin present or not.

 

Certainly it could be argued from the standpoint that if you're the owner of a private server wouldn't you want the game itself to be more self sufficient so that you could actually have fun playing instead of dealing with all the Jr. High nonsense that often times goes on in a match?

 

 

I have never ever ever seen someone ask for a profanity filter and I have no idea why you'd want this

maybe you need to play on better servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, Hotpokkaminny said:

I have never ever ever seen someone ask for a profanity filter and I have no idea why you'd want this

maybe you need to play on better servers?

People get kicked and banned all the time for racial slurs etc. regardless of the server. I don't see anything wrong with a text filter beside the hours of tedious work it would take to implement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

People get kicked and banned all the time for racial slurs etc. regardless of the server. I don't see anything wrong with a text filter beside the hours of tedious work it would take to implement.

this is a game played by adults depicting adults in a very adult situation

the vast majority of the communication in this game is voice communication, how are you going to filter that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×