a clan i used to be part of autokicked for all use of word "retard", many members were injured veterans. the filter included "tard".

many evenings were spent trying to get people to say custard or other words contained in the list. just for lols. 

the idea was fine, the implementation sucked. 

I think a server side tool is a waste of OWI time, I have seen many players removed from multiple squads for being toxic and this type of peer lesson in behaviour is far better than even a manual admin system. clear server rules get people to name and shame and this is good for everyone. point and laugh at bigots, then kick them. Keep it an open conversation and teach people.

If a well made automated tool is available I wouldnt be against it but this can probably be an optional server addition rather than an OWI produced tool.

15 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

this is a game played by adults depicting adults in a very adult situation

the vast majority of the communication in this game is voice communication, how are you going to filter that?

Deflection. I never brought up VOIP. Speaking of adult behavior if you'd like to actually discuss my four initial suggestions in a rational manner you're more than welcome.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Deflection. I never brought up VOIP. Speaking of adult behavior if you'd like to actually discuss my four initial suggestions in a rational manner you're more than welcome.

I have already pointed why your ideas are shit, as have others

2-3 TKs is ridiculous, it's one nade bouncing off a window or short mortar or retard driving into a mine

main base protection is fine, auto aimbot turrets are just ridiculous and far from realistic

again, adult game for adult players depicting an adult situation, start your own server if you don't like naughty words

unrealistic, unwieldy and frustrating, one manning is not a huge problem and is easily controlled

are you American by chance?

did you play PR?

Edited by Hotpokkaminny

Posted (edited)

I disagree with all of the OP's points too. None of the points would add any significant value to the game or game play.The time effort could be better spent on further performance optimisation, 100 player servers, helicopters, commander position, maps, thermals, additional weapons, additional vehicles etc

• I've never had an issue with bases being attacked, very few issues with players being too close.

• I've never observed any issues with chat or language being used.

• I have observed a couple of single crewing issues, not overly detrimental to the game. It generally sorts itself out pretty quickly.

• I've never observed any deliberate tking. I have observed 3+ players being killed by accident.

Edited by [email protected]

2 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

"adult game for adult players depicting an adult situation, start your own server if you don't like naughty words"

I think there's been a misunderstanding. I personally could care less about any slurs & profanity, base raping, TK's and one manning however but there are "vanilla" server guidelines in place plus server specific rules regarding all of these behaviors that must be upheld by actual real administration and moderators. That's what I'm against. Server nannies. Now do you understand? None of this stuff is new and many previous games in this genre have been standalone and didn't require constant oversight is my point.

59 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I think there's been a misunderstanding. I personally could care less about any slurs & profanity, base raping, TK's and one manning however but there are "vanilla" server guidelines in place plus server specific rules regarding all of these behaviors that must be upheld by actual real administration and moderators. That's what I'm against. Server nannies. Now do you understand? None of this stuff is new and many previous games in this genre have been standalone and didn't require constant oversight is my point.

But not ever server has these rules? One of the servers I play in encourages main base camping and certainly has no text chat filter. Why should that server have to adopt another server's rules?

7 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That's what I'm against. Server nannies.

If this is what you're really against, why are you advocating for software to take over the job? It doesn’t make sense to replace humans with an unyielding, unforgiving protocol if you don’t want to be micromanaged. That’s what programming does, it follows a strict set of guidelines and never yields. You could make something more advanced, but that’s time consuming to say the least.

4 hours ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

If this is what you're really against, why are you advocating for software to take over the job? It doesn’t make sense to replace humans with an unyielding, unforgiving protocol if you don’t want to be micromanaged. That’s what programming does, it follows a strict set of guidelines and never yields. You could make something more advanced, but that’s time consuming to say the least.

Consistency. Like I've pointed out for example the game already has a built in mechanism that removes a player from the match at 7 TK's. So yeah, the game is already making decisions in that respect.

Any video game should be programmed to have a consistent and unchanging rule set plus not require human oversight and its inherent bias.

After 4500 hours of gameplay during 3 years as an Alpha tester in the game I'm simply reporting my observations that these four complaints come up match after match and I'm offering simple solutions to make the game more self sufficient.

Consider the fact that being babysitted is nothing compared to being an Admin and having to nanny players for the duration of matches instead of having fun and playing. Because in my mind once you go into Admin camerman mode you certainly shouldn't be allowed to return to normal gameplay for the rest of the match once you've seen the opposing team's positions etc.

Look at it from that perspective. Also consider other pvp games you play that function just fine without human oversight.

22 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Like I've pointed out for example the game already has a built in mechanism that removes a player from the match at 7 TK's. So yeah, the game is already making decisions in that respect.

It’s at 7 and not a 2-3 because TKs aren’t as black and white as you describe them. Accidents happen, and someone has to be the judge of whether or not something is intentional.

23 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Any video game should be programmed to have a consistent and unchanging rule set plus not require human oversight and its inherent bias.

That’s your opinion. I see no reason for not allowing servers to run the game the way they want. It’s pretty consistent across all of them, clearly stated, and most often has no effect on gameplay.

24 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Because in my mind once you go into Admin camerman mode you certainly shouldn't be allowed to return to normal gameplay for the rest of the match once you've seen the opposing team's positions etc.

True, that’s what an admin is. Usually they’re either one or another, most don’t use the camera to begin with.

24 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Also consider other pvp games you play that function just fine without human oversight.

There aren’t any. More often than not I’d get punished for my teammate doing something dumb, and there’s no way to appeal or fix it.