Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I like the sprint mechanic but I was thinking about how there are really only two speeds. The initial speed (which is the fastest) and then the end of stamina speed (which is more akin to a jog) 

What if there was a reserve sprint that came after your stamina was fully depleted that acted as a “second wind” where it would offer the same speed as the initial sprint (the fastest) only now it would start to smear the players vision and accuracy. Much as in real life, anyone who has ever sprinted before knows that they are able to sprint jog sprint jog without having to stop with the understanding that if they push themselves too hard, they’ll see spots and eventually pass out! At the moment, the cycle I find myself running into (pun) is sprint-jog-prone-regain stamina-sprint-jog-prone-regain stamina etc.... It’s a bit repetitive.  I imagine a scenero where you are jogging to the objective and suddenly you take fire. With nowhere to go, your fight or flight response kicks in and you find yourself sprinting to the safety of the wall, only when you get there, your hands are a bit shaky and vision pumping (much like the bleeding out effect). The player would be safe, but they would now have to fight with reduced accuracy and visual clarity.. now when they sprint, they will have to decide if the temporary loss of motor function is worth it or not. Anyway just an idea to spice things up. This is my first post here so let me say THANK YOU DEVS for creating a game that truly is the successor to the beloved Battlefield series (pre EA) :)). You have reignited my love for team games. Rock on.

Edited by Squadtherevolution

Yeah, this might be a good idea. I think the “second wind” should be a bit slower than initial sprint