Finally picked up Squad this past Saturday, been tracking it for awhile via all the Karmakut vids.

I used to play competitive Operation Flashpoint with Shadow Warriors(ha found the old kill chart...http://www.shadow-warriors.org/Warrior Kill Chart.htm) back in my college days(2001-2006), as well as WW2online(Axis, 3rdPanzer !S), and Planetside(Sturmgrenadier, KAAOS, 1CMM, EXXON-1) and really enjoy support roles, teamwork/camaraderie, so Squad is a breath of fresh air after dabbling more casually in games over the last decade or so. I did play PR and a copious amount of BF2 as well....

About 5 years ago I embarked on a path of living primarily without money in order to focus on service, so my gaming time took a bit of a backseat, though I did have my old desktop rig from when I used monies that I would play some stuff with.  Recently, our communal gaming laptop that we used for Occulus Rift became available for my usage when a few of us who live in the house together all got Apex Legends going...but that spastic game is too twitchy for this greying gamer....not to mention it lacks  in the support/non-frontline combat roles, so I began looking around again for other games to scratch that itch. Got Rainbow Six Siege which is pretty decent, and that sparked my interest to plunk down some money rather than only playing subpar F2P games/games on sale. Glad to support the community and development as well...even though I spend about $1k/year so $40 was a big chunk ha!

I live in Portland, OR so I'll mainly be around the West Coast servers I suppose.

Cheers. :)

Welcome to Squad! And greetings from just up North in Seattle... and wherever Auraxis is in relation to that. =P Did more than a few years on Emerald, through the merges, the death of Oshur, and on through PS2's Crown. Always a pleasure to have some Sturmgrenadier around!

10 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Welcome to Squad! And greetings from just up North in Seattle... and wherever Auraxis is in relation to that. =P Did more than a few years on Emerald, through the merges, the death of Oshur, and on through PS2's Crown. Always a pleasure to have some Sturmgrenadier around!

Right on. I tried to get into Planetside 2 but it wasn't the same...wish they just updated graphics of PS1/engine but kept all the core mechanics, game was amazi
I wonder if Sturmgrenadier is active in Squad actually, I know its right up there alley. 

13 hours ago, Tybo said:

I tried to get into Planetside 2 but it wasn't the same

Yeah, they never quite got there -- plenty of shakeups with SOE becoming Daybreak and moving folks over to h1z1. Always felt like a fairly good tech demo for what it could become, still hoping they get there... or get to PlanetSide 3. =)

What side? PLANETSIDE!