Posted (edited)

I love FOB Gameplay and try to move away from small castle style FOBS, constructing OPs and small guard stations at advantageous positions however foresight is sometimes wrong.

At these points we want to move the emplacements, I'm sure OWI is working on a system for this but I thought I'd write down my mad musings.

1) Any emplacement gets refunded to the FOB when dug up by friendlies (but ofc not by enemies), perhaps with a slight point loss if we want to penalise SLs for making mistakes (but tbh, I'd just refund the full cost, mistakes can happen, doorways that get blocked unintentedly happen etc, accidentally building a bad HAB is incredibly annoying for the whole team for example and the time spent undigging and redigging is probably enough of a punishment)

2) Being able to build the sandbag + loophole version as a single piece instead of trying to put it on top, with a cost of 100 and extra building stages (none, 1st row half, 1st row done, 2nd row started, 2nd row finished). This make it easier on the SL and would decrease the number of annoyingly misaligned bags out there - they just look

bad :D edit - this also prevents floating sandbags where the bottom bit is destroyed but hte top was missed

3) I spotted in the patch notes vid that squad leaders will eventually be able to rotate emplacements pre comitting to them, this would work perfectly with 1) for those accidental moments when the HMG doesn't quite point the way you intended. (I have been informed this is in, and yes it is! <- or -> does it, not the lean buttons like the video had said :) thanks Phoenix)

4) Snapping. Anyone who has played fallout 4/76 knows that pieces of structure get snapped together in that game. This kind of thing could be applied to Squad if the technology can do so. This shouldn't be applied everywhere but in certain places e.g instead of building a HMG bunker, build the HMG Bunker then snap a 50cal to it (Bunker costing 300, HMG 200). In the future this could even be applied to snapping static heavy weapons to a sandbag to make it so we can mount 50cals etc to windows etc (which we do anyway but very buggily). This kind of gameplay would also mean the aforementioned misaligned sandbags could be snapped together.

The danger of snapping ofc is it might be used to bug statics out to create ladders to heaven etc which has been seen in previous squad versions or bugging the game like having a HMG gunner who sticks into a non-enterable building but his gun is outside or being a way to go through a wall you shouldn't be able to, so might not be doable but I'm not sure how clever squad is at blocking inappropriate FOB statics.

Anyway thanks for reading

Edited by Rudd_Nurseman

At least the FOB emplacements didn't kill you anymore while placing 9_9

1 To prevent exploits I would suggest a 60,90or120 seconds timer for a full refund of that placement if it didn't get hit by the opponent team in the meantime.

3 You can rotate the emplacements with your <-  -> arrow keys in v13.

4 That should be optional and toggleable.

13 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

At least the FOB emplacements didn't kill you anymore while placing 9_9

3 You can rotate the emplacements with your <-  -> arrow keys in v13.

Is that it!! the video said lean keys, so I assumed it had been left out. cheers dude :)

They need to make the deployables blend in with the surroundings better. Like dust, skratches, rust.... They look too brand new and clean yet their in a desert in the middle of know where.

The crappy AI controlled A-10C gun runs and artillery call ins are going to ruin Firebases in the near future update. There will not be anti-air defence systems in the game like manpads at all, so you can't counter strike jets.

The AI jets is just a shortcut and replacement to human controlled jets promised from kickstarter. Very disapointing to say the least. In my opinion I would rather not see these AI jets implemented in the game at all.

From my experience of FOB building, which I call firebase (because I use it to control a large chunk of the map by using its weapons 50 cal, TOW etc.) I would agree with Gunnerbomb69, the hescos and sandbags need proper re-texture work. We need more bunker types (like the big ones in main bases for example). We need hescos that cannot be jumped or vaulted over. The fifty cals could use slightly higher field of fire (left to right). The way razor wire is being placed needs rework, it needs to be placed down faster and easier on a bigger scale so we can wire the firebase properly. Lastly, a faction flag would be cool to have aswell :)