DorenZalupa

Bad/gamebreaking features in alpha 13

On 5/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, DorenZalupa said:

Hello, i have more then 1000 hours in squad and after update just have to say what in my opinion very useless/gamebreaking and just bad features and of course with explanation and sorry for my english. Im big fan of this game from alpha 9, buy game without any sales to support devs.Also i play BF Project reality alot. But with all my respect to you and your work this improvements just terrifying me!

1. [runs counter to the spirit of game] SL BUDDY RALLY Gamebreaking, before that it was necessary to plan earlier where to place rally to hide from enemy and optimal distance from flag, also place rally somewhere near FLAG when defending for example, when enemy block your HAB, but you have support rally. When you attack outflanked in different way then attack HAB you have to hidden maneuver from back side and place rally safely, another words rally it's primary spawn point to attack and second priority to defend. When enemy burn rally you have fair penalty: disengaged from combat->spawn in main base->all that penality about 2 mins and reawrd for enemy who burn it, in defence they rewarded -some time off and ruin our attack from the flank for a couple minutes, as we have to spawn in attack HAB and start full-frontal attack or spawn in main base to start plan again, or walk from another HAB to start plan again and we still lose some time as penalty. NOW you just don't care!! don't care about rally at all, when your burned, you can just click to any buddy rally any other squad in any place on the map and spawn full squad..  there is no interest any more to trudge around in the woods searching rally, espexcially when searching rally was not easy, you make the way to rally by their corpses, you search and plan where they came from, just to stop attack for sometime from this side.

2.  [Gamebreaking, runs counter to the spirit of game]  "When a player is sent to incapacitated state, they will now not be put into the Insta-death state if they reach 0 HP within a certain time of being revived. Previously (Alpha 12), if an incapacitated player was revived, then sent to 0 HP within one minute of being revived, they were sent to the Death screen with no chance of reviving. In Alpha 13, players can now be revived regardless of the duration since the last revival." "goal of creating a more enjoyable experience "

What are you talking about?What kind of enjoyable experience? War is a pain!!! Not a Battlefield 5-6-7-8-9 or Call of duty !!  i'm not fan of super reality battles like in ARMA, but this is ridiculous!!! ALWAYS NEED SOME PENALTY!! Same i don't like in BF2 when you can unlimited time revive  from bloody death just with "duct tape"[email protected]! You kill enemy,then mate revive him, you came again and kill that bastard with friend, but it's ok another boy with dact tape fix them and ressurect as duct tape necromancer!! I think 1 chance to revive and insta death if he dies permamently  OPTIMAL CHOICE and we can live with that in terms of balance, not reality, like that was in alpha 12. We don't need another CAll of duty deathmatch mode, please.

3. [Gamebreaking, runs counter to the spirit of game]] Movement speed..... the guy with a huge military satchel on the back, full load with bandages,grenades or also RPG for example... He's running like a naked Usain Bolt which is three-time Olympic gold medalist.

4. LIP MOVEMENT?? JUST WHY??? WHY??? Why not spent same time to fix old bug with scopes of stationary guns, when you leave them, they keep stay in your face ...Visual side - it's looks terrible!! Gameplay side - NOTHING. an entirely unnecessary "improvent", it's just give more animation load your PC and game engine, especially when you set the purposeto bring to 100 players per server in future!!!

It's all just my opinion and i wish devs hear ME! I wish you will not go same road with battlefield EA games or stupid brainless shooters!!!

Little bug: Narva foliage on trees.  can't shoot through leafs on tress... Armored leafs... and old one shoot through a metal grid fense same imposible.. when it full of holes...

Other improvemnt like FOG of WAR, new vechicles, new recoils,  good scopes for many kits, scope perfomance improvement, and alot others VERY PROMISING!! Balance russian vechicle!! I enjoy them alot!! And again SORRY for my english, please.

This is what happens when you let PsiSyndicate on to your dev team/make that annoying self-absorbed turd your community manager. 

OWI wants the hype for the money, to bad they don’t understand that Psi is an OLD, DEAD MEME...

For all who haven't noticed it yet a new official poll about some v13 features is available and accessible via the start menu of Squad. 

Go and VOTE!

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mauti said:

For all who haven't noticed it yet a new official poll about some v13 features is available and accessible via the start menu of Squad. 

Go and VOTE!

?

Edited by Nightingale87

Posted (edited)

@Nightingale87 when you start the game and are in the main menu you see some news on the left. There it shows a link to a google form where you can vote on features like insta-death and run speed. It‘s similiar to the poll they did after the first public testing of v13.

squad-poll-v13.jpg

Edited by Mauti
added screenshot

4 hours ago, Mauti said:

@Nightingale87 when you start the game and are in the main menu you see some news on the left. There it shows a link to a google form where you can vote on features like insta-death and run speed. It‘s similiar to the poll they did after the first public testing of v13.

squad-poll-v13.jpg

Yes!....I found it. Thing is I started the game before the update and din´t see it. Thx!

Posted (edited)

INS Sandstorm releasing version 1.2 with new gamemode today: Hardcore Checkpoint

- movement speed reduce

- friendly teammate indicators only show when a teammate is nearby
- objective indicators are hidden in the HUD

- no head-on display rendering through walls

- no ZOOM for non-scoped guns

and many other goodies

looks like Sandstorm is heading in the right way, as this new gamemode is awesome

as for Squad, too bad it is walking in the opposite direction

will OWI learn from NWI? thats the question

Edited by EA_SUCKS

I agree with the gist of the OP's points about the buddy rally and the lack of permadeath. These mechanics in conjunction with each other incentivize rush/respawn/feed cycles. I dont mind the talking animations, for me it's just an extra way to see who's talking if you're close enough to them, which is sometimes useful at the start of public matches when you don't recognize everyone's voice yet. As for the speed increase, i'm undecided. I didn't play that much before V13 (about a few dozen hours), so i don't have enough experience with the slower speeds to judge the effect on the CQB aspect of things. Coming from a few years of playing Project Reality though, i do prefer slower paced,careful, more tactical gameplay. That being said, i doubt a person under fire would casually jog across the country side either, so i can't make up my mind for or against this change.

In the end, i think all this is tied to the relative lack of transportation options. Walking across the entire map is not much fun, so they give us ways around it. Personally, i think it would be better to simply have more wheeled vehicles per team (simple transport trucks and jeeps/humvees/technicals) on all maps/layers, add more tickets to each team to compensate for the higher asset destruction rate so that rounds don't end too fast, discard the buddy rally and bring back the "dead dead" state.

In this manner we'd leave the logis back at main if our squad was not building FOBs and get a transport instead, or (sometime soon) get a helicopter ride. This way people can still get around the map easily, but it is actually counterable by the enemy being able to shoot you, observe you and deduce your movements. Then there's a whole extra layer of meta to explore, which makes the game so much more dynamic. For example, do you take a chopper and rush a chokepoint, build FOB emplacements and try to block enemy armor, but risk being seen on the way there? Or do you take the logi, be stealthier, but risk arriving too late? It's these decisions made by each squad in a team and the way each team's decisions play off against each other that make for a rich, enjoyable game.

Currently, 99.9% of FOBs are placed on the points, with rally points moving around them as auto-flanking mechanisms. Contrast this with PR, where placing a FOB right on the point was a sure way to get it annihilated and draw unwanted attention to squads trying to assault/defend a point. Instead, people usually placed FOBs some distance away from the point to keep them secret (exceptions exist in specific maps) or to be able to maintain overwatch and actually suppress the points for the assaulting squads from outside the flag itself. The assault squads then walked for a minute, setup a careful rally and used that to get back in the fight. If they got wiped, the respawned back at the FOB and did the whole thing again. Much more decision making, coordination and mind-games possible in such a case.

Don't get me wrong, i love Squad, i realize it's still an alpha and experimentation will happen and i'm grateful for the optimizations in V13 that allow me to enjoy it daily on a mid-range system (basically, i have a new PC with an older GPU). But experiments are done for feedback and mine is that PR feels much more dynamic and fluid in terms of tactics and surprises than Squad currently is. The new engine, the graphics, the sounds and the quality of life improvements are great. The basic premise and scope of the game is also the same, which is a good thing. We just have to gradually get that dynamic feeling back into it. And to be honest, the recipe is already there, baked in the game that Squad was based on.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, Burningbeard80 said:

I agree with the gist of the OP's points about the buddy rally and the lack of permadeath. These mechanics in conjunction with each other incentivize rush/respawn/feed cycles. I dont mind the talking animations, for me it's just an extra way to see who's talking if you're close enough to them, which is sometimes useful at the start of public matches when you don't recognize everyone's voice yet. As for the speed increase, i'm undecided. I didn't play that much before V13 (about a few dozen hours), so i don't have enough experience with the slower speeds to judge the effect on the CQB aspect of things. Coming from a few years of playing Project Reality though, i do prefer slower paced,careful, more tactical gameplay. That being said, i doubt a person under fire would casually jog across the country side either, so i can't make up my mind for or against this change.

In the end, i think all this is tied to the relative lack of transportation options. Walking across the entire map is not much fun, so they give us ways around it. Personally, i think it would be better to simply have more wheeled vehicles per team (simple transport trucks and jeeps/humvees/technicals) on all maps/layers, add more tickets to each team to compensate for the higher asset destruction rate so that rounds don't end too fast, discard the buddy rally and bring back the "dead dead" state.

In this manner we'd leave the logis back at main if our squad was not building FOBs and get a transport instead, or (sometime soon) get a helicopter ride. This way people can still get around the map easily, but it is actually counterable by the enemy being able to shoot you, observe you and deduce your movements. Then there's a whole extra layer of meta to explore, which makes the game so much more dynamic. For example, do you take a chopper and rush a chokepoint, build FOB emplacements and try to block enemy armor, but risk being seen on the way there? Or do you take the logi, be stealthier, but risk arriving too late? It's these decisions made by each squad in a team and the way each team's decisions play off against each other that make for a rich, enjoyable game.

Currently, 99.9% of FOBs are placed on the points, with rally points moving around them as auto-flanking mechanisms. Contrast this with PR, where placing a FOB right on the point was a sure way to get it annihilated and draw unwanted attention to squads trying to assault/defend a point. Instead, people usually placed FOBs some distance away from the point to keep them secret (exceptions exist in specific maps) or to be able to maintain overwatch and actually suppress the points for the assaulting squads from outside the flag itself. The assault squads then walked for a minute, setup a careful rally and used that to get back in the fight. If they got wiped, the respawned back at the FOB and did the whole thing again. Much more decision making, coordination and mind-games possible in such a case.

Don't get me wrong, i love Squad, i realize it's still an alpha and experimentation will happen and i'm grateful for the optimizations in V13 that allow me to enjoy it daily on a mid-range system (basically, i have a new PC with an older GPU). But experiments are done for feedback and mine is that PR feels much more dynamic and fluid in terms of tactics and surprises than Squad currently is. The new engine, the graphics, the sounds and the quality of life improvements are great. The basic premise and scope of the game is also the same, which is a good thing. We just have to gradually get that dynamic feeling back into it. And to be honest, the recipe is already there, baked in the game that Squad was based on.

+1