XandaoGamer

So Squad is not dead, but what about OffWorld?

I bought Squad almost 2 years ago, and put almost 200 hours into the game. But after some time the gameplay started to feel more and more repetitive and i started loosing interest. Which is absolutely normal and nothing wrong with it. After playing a game for 200 hours i definetly feel like i got good value for the money i spent. So I just kind of left Squad.

Until today. I was surprised to see that there was an upload for A13 and I was troubled to see it. If I'm not mistaken, the game has been in development for almost for years now? That's a long development time. How many more players are going to buy squad anymore? I fear the development team are spending an awful long time with one product and are not seing much cash coming in. I'm by no means an expert in gaming development, but shouldn't the studio be involved in other projects by now?

I don't know, but I wonder if by now it's not the time to admit they've bitten more than they could chew and won't be able to deliver the experience they envisioned 3 years ago. If Offworld would just wrap up what they have so far, keep the game supported for a couple more years and move on to another project, so that the studio would remain sustainable, that would be fine by me.

Am I really wrong here or do I have reasons to be concerned? I would hate that a studio that made such a great game as Squad would close its doors or be sold to some EA like company

They started making the game more arcadeshi now, so new players should be joining in the long run. Sad, but true

Reminds of DICE and EA ruining Battlefield 2

WOW.  you don't make a game over night. If it was sold to EA it would be shut down.  200hrs playing squad is nothing.  Maybe your play style is repetitive. This is a sandbox game you can adapt it to how you want. EA would have you running in the same 200m to just get a badge to make you feel good.  OWI are expanding more and more, do you think EA started with thousands of employees  you cant compare the two. And in two years this is your first post :(

OWI arn't charging people for DLC this is more content.  You should be happy to see it expanding. Getting your monnies worth.

Don't know why you would be starting your first postings with a troll like post.

Multiple years is normal for game development, even for fancy AAA Title developers. While it seems like AAA games are released every 1 - 2 years, they've generally been in development for 1 - 2 years, before we see the first trailers & teasers.  By the time it's released, it's been in development for 2 - 3+ years, followed by DLC, adding another 1+ years  of development time. Unless it's one of those franchise games, which just reuse the same formula and mechanics, with slight tweaks, which can pump a new game out every 1 - 2 years. 

Early access titles, there's usually 4 stages players get to play before full release
Closed Pre Alpha > Closed Alpha > Alpha > Beta 

With AAA title games or big budget games, only playable phases for the masses are Beta & full release. My point is, it makes it seem like the game has been in development for a long time, compared to other games. Mainly because with other games, we miss out a large chunk of what's going on. With Early access titles, we go through the whole journey. 

Any way, OWI is fine - They have stated they have more than enough profit to complete Squad and some future projects. We are nearing the feature complete state, there's only a few more milestones left on the list that need to be reached for Squad, then OWI plan to support Squad with updates for a few more years after full release, while working on new projects :)

You must be trolling!!!!! 

and only 200 hours!! i did more than that in my first weekend 

22 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

You must be trolling!!!!! 

and only 200 hours!! i did more than that in my first weekend 

How though it’s not possible