Why was SMAA removed from version 13? On a 1080p 120hz monitor FXAA is not very good and a bit of a shimmering mess and TAA is a blurry mess even with 1.0 sharpening. TAA also is notorious for ghosting issues. I have tried many UE4 commands to extra sharpen the temporal AA however I have had no luck. Whilst on the move the blurriness is far too much and then when you come to a standstill it's like the AA almost switches off and your left with lots of jaggies. So it is continually swapping between crisp images with jaggies and a blurry mess. Another sim I play that uses the latest UE4 Assetto Corsa Competizione also had this TAA blurriness issue however they were able to provide an advance sharpening filter on top of the normal sharpening filter. This works really well particularly when moving and as this is a racing tittle so it solved a lot of issues. We can not use nVidia Inspector to override any AA methods so please consider bringing back SMAA or enhance TAA with better filters so it will be less blurry in the future.  

Edited by [BMF] Coanda

Yeah i'd like to know what happened aswell, TXAA and SMAA were in the test, and the game looked really sharp, now anything distant looks like a blurry mess.

32 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Yeah i'd like to know what happened aswell, TXAA and SMAA were in the test, and the game looked really sharp, now anything distant looks like a blurry mess.

Well that's promising at least. Thanks for the info & hope.