Undefined

Movement speed too slow (revised)

Posted (edited)

This is a very important issue but there is not much to say other than movement speed feels too slow.

Even with the gear a soldier is carrying it doesn't feel right. Walking/sprinting speed should be about 1/3rd faster.

The animations to drop to prone and to stand up should also be sped up, the current speed is inadequetly slow for being shot at.

I know several people who love PR but don't like Squad because of this, it's not just me.

Edit:
This was my opinion before I had tried the v13-A. It has been revised in the posts of mine that follow.

Edited by Undefined

There´s a very good post abut speed that was written recently. I think it was on Reddit and somebody posted it here too.

It´s all the timings a soldier got in the Shooting range. That is objective information that can be compared to reality. 

Correct me if I´m wrong but the conclussion was that v13 sprint was too fast for an average modern soldier with avg equipment.

Posted (edited)

I'm talking about the commonly played current version, not the v13-A. Walking and running feels like my feet are sluggish as if I'd be wading through deep mud or on sand dunes of the sahara desert.

Edit: I've tested v13-A and I can say responsiveness definitely feels better than before, but the walking and sprinting speed is still a tad slow. Most noticeable when you have an object ahead you are sprinting towards for reference.

Edited by Undefined

Final report:

I suggest at the very least keeping the v13-A speed modifications. Personally I'd even go as far as increasing walking and sprinting speed by additioal 5%/0.25 meters per second (to a total of 5.75m/s) to give a soldier's sprint some determination but that's me. I found this lack of speed most noticeable when running towards objects. It's almost negligible but that's it.

Undefined out

18 hours ago, Undefined said:

I know several people who love PR but don't like Squad because of this, it's not just me.

Are you joking ? PR is way slower than SQUAD.