Gatzby

Alpha 13 Patch Notes

The biggest problem for new players is the stupid system:
Kick for no reason.
I have been playing the game for 3 years and have seen many leaving the game because of that stupid system.
People will then shoot Squadleaders, etc.
Very annoying.
The only solution is that you have to accept everyone or you create a personal team.

Keep the political remarks and insults to 0.

I have cleaned this thread of unnecessary discussion.

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

agreed, how do you remove someone that just wants to drive a tank without team interaction ..a valuable asset without admins.. as said many times one troll can screw the whole round depending on their level of window licking. 

There is a very simple solution though. Devs go into all the crewman required vehicle blueprints and make it so the first person that enters gets put in the second seat. Then and only then can the first seat be occupied.

I already know the follow up is "but what happens when the driver leaves for reason X?" Well, my response is tough luck. Transport another crewman over there or run there. Who cares? One manning heavies should absolutely be programmed out of the game.

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

Its not whether you see it right now, its the changes that are taking it along that path. 

Precisely. I agree that it could be an indicator, but the complaints are that Squad is currently arcade-like, or has moved in that direction enough to essentially be considered one. This could be a departure from what Squad was supposed to be, I’m not sure that it is, but I digress.

23 minutes ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

Precisely. I agree that it could be an indicator, but the complaints are that Squad is currently arcade-like, or has moved in that direction enough to essentially be considered one. This could be a departure from what Squad was supposed to be, I’m not sure that it is, but I digress.

Huh. Probably time to split the game up into two versions; Arcade with all the small Skirmish maps, no vics besides logi, buffs on everything and then a super realistic MilSim version for all the LARPer's... Squad Elite & Squad Legacy

This is never-ending discussion, isn't it? Squad is supposed to be middle ground between MilSim and Shooter... there will always be this kind of discussions going on so nobody should be offended or be overly defensive in his/her arguments.

That being said... I only hope to get same/similar gaming experience as i got from PR. That gameplay was unique, fun and exciting. I think OWI will greatly benefit if they try to repeat what happen in PR since there isn't anything out there like it. It's gold mine, so to speak, and first one who recreate PR will earn big bucks. And as we see, during development of Squad, it's not an easy task at all. There were many peoples and factors that influenced PR during it's design. They had ups and downs just as we saw in Squad but back then no one knew how great it will be. People who played PR now have expectations (altho this is not PR2). OWI have burden of being a successor (in a way) of one f****** excellent mod.

At the moment, Squad seems to be close... but not yet there. I had some PR moments in various versions and playtests but it's still not quite there.

As always, time will tell... before any final judgment, wait for full/feature complete release. During that time any feedback is greatly appreciated ofcourse.

Did the accuracy change from the tested public to the shipped version. Feels like it lots quite a lot of accuracy in shipping?

So i was waiting for over a full year for those very much needed and promised gameplay changes (new rally point system as it has already been too much spawning, rushing, etc.) and after all that time now were getting instant death removal and even more rally points.

Alright, goodbye.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

(...) and after all that time now were getting instant death removal and even more rally points. (...)

I wouldn't leave Squad for this but I've to admit I'm the kind of guy who would like to see REAL insta-death (e.g headshots, at least by high calibers, when hit by 30mm round...) more than entirely removing the instadeath mechanism ; the V12 death system was much better.

No more instadeath after revive + rally on buddy SLs = never ending waves of ennemies ; in a word, back to Metro map 64 players in BF3 :( the winner is the one who dies less than the other, less place to thinking and strategies...

Edited by Nightstalker21

Yesterday finally I got enough time to test properly the big news (buddy rally point, insta-death, running speed) : well finally we got a competitor for Call of Duty !!

DEV team if it was a joke now it's the time to go back to the game I bought, thanks.

Without the spawn confirmation, a lot more miss spawns are happening across the board.

Would be cool if we can choose between both in the settings.

1 hour ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Without the spawn confirmation, a lot more miss spawns are happening across the board.

Would be cool if we can choose between both in the settings.

+1, forgot to mention

On 5/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Just in case nobody noticed with each patch there used to be big hype and big rises in playership. Not so much this week. With each successive patch the hype and peaks has gotten lower and lower. 

This patch has made me less interested in playing Squad than anything else they've ever done. Faster movement, easier/more rallies and revives? No thanks. 

Feedback is welcome & appreciated, but keep it mature and on topic. 

No more silly troll questions and immature posts. 

Have cleaned this thread up a bit.

Posted (edited)

I didn’t want to rush to conclusions when the patch came out but after some time with v13, I stand by my initial impression about the new movement system.

Faster speeds and almost no momentum have made the game feel like a run-and-gun shooter that rewards fast reflexes more than careful/tactical movement and thinking. This is especially true in cqb, where the new strategy is to sprint into a room and spray down the defenders.

I love this game and was really excited about the direction the designers were taking it in, but this new movement is the one change in 3 years that has seriously turned me off from playing. I feel like it’s made Squad far more generic.

I was also surprised that the devs said this feature is experimental yet kept it in for v13 release despite all of the negative feedback on this forum and reddit. I don’t think I saw a single thread praising the new movement yet it’s still here.

Edited by fatalsushi

Hello! Sorry for my English. I have idea how to direct the game to a more team-based interaction. In your game, capturing flags is very much like Battlefield. Now all the players after the capture of the flag go to the next flag, forgetting about the defense and about the construction of structures. And after that, the enemy detachment very simply takes their flag. I want to offer my version of how you can force players to build buildings that will affect the protection of the flag

I propose to make conditional protection points for each flag.In the flag trigger, you need to build different buildings (barricades, machine guns, FOB) that will give protection points for the flag. I believe that this will force players to use the opportunity to build more often as this will greatly influence the defense of the flag.Other side will have to destroy these buildings to weaken the protection of the flag

Please rate my idea

On 5/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, Chew_Kok_Long said:

So i was waiting for over a full year for those very much needed and promised gameplay changes (new rally point system as it has already been too much spawning, rushing, etc.) and after all that time now were getting instant death removal and even more rally points.

Alright, goodbye.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.  But like we keep saying, 95% of the gamer's are casual.  It's a bit silly at this point.

there is clearly a subset of this community that thinks this game should be as tedious and random as possible

they want extremely slow characters that can't aim or control their guns

glad the devs are ignoring these people and they're leaving the game, I don't want someone who is more concerned with roleplaying as a soldier than actually being good at the game

9 hours ago, Soulzz said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.  But like we keep saying, 95% of the gamer's are casual.  It's a bit silly at this point.

Define Casual, I don't meet many casuals on the field.

13 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

there is clearly a subset of this community that thinks this game should be as tedious and random as possible

they want extremely slow characters that can't aim or control their guns

glad the devs are ignoring these people and they're leaving the game, I don't want someone who is more concerned with roleplaying as a soldier than actually being good at the game

"Clearly"?

Who actually is this "subset"? Could you be more specific as to their identity and also exactly how it is that you determined that they're "leaving" the game? Do you have some kind of metric for this or are you simply making things up?

Posted (edited)

How I see the speed increase is that 10% faster movement in practice results in 10% less time to plan and conduct cohesive teamwork, and greater forgiveness for ignoring it.   Stacking with all the other softcore style changes Squad is losing the identity that brought me to it.  They may be theoretically enjoyable changes, but they're changes that bring Squad closer to being part of the samey grey slurry of games that are ultimately forgettable.

Squad may have trouble retaining a very large playerbase, but that's also due to the developer decision to follow this drawn-out alpha development model, and drag the entire playerbase along whenever they want to try out different core mechanics.  There are tons of fully featured FPS games released every year, and every one of those is going to siphon off some players if those games scratch the same gameplay itch Squad does.  Squad's failing to create and retain a solid identity makes it hard to cling to its gelatinous surface when the temptation to play a complete, full-release game arises.

And to address this point:

15 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

Here's the thing. Very little of what you see as random is actually random. There are reasons for why things happen on the battlefield, and having the game paced so that we can take those things into consideration, form strategies, and communicate them with our teammates is the very core of what brought us to Squad in the first place.  A game that forces you to stop, think, and communicate, before you shoot is exactly what we want, and also what was advertised when we bought the game.

Edited by Skidborg

1 hour ago, Skidborg said:

~Pretty much all that stuff

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Many of us bought into a game where you have to think before you press that LMB, and I have personally held faith for far too long telling myself it will get on the right track eventually. V13 is a swan song of Squad's promise and spirit, and I've never been more sad to see a game go this way, but I also realize that I haven't missed playing it for a long time now, and I definitely won't miss what it has become.

Squid out.

I am not saying I'm quitting squad but I seriously hope that the more slow-paced tactical game that became my most played of all time is retained and doesn't entirely lose its way by trying to captivate a populist,  mainstream appeal it simply isn't suited to.