Sign in to follow this  
Gatzby

Alpha 13 Video Patch Notes

Hey squaddies!

We’d like to introduce video patch notes! If you’re looking for a quick overview of what to expect once you hit the battlefield, this is it — though be sure to read the complete notes for all changes.

Let us know what you think of the patch and the video in the forums!

Offworld Out.

Love V13 overall, except for a two things, buddy rally feature, and perma death removal.

These two could really turn out bad for the game, Squad needs to promote smart decisions, not dying because of your misstakes.

The buddy rally feature, i can't even imagine why someone thought it was a good idea. This goes against what Squad is, a game where you need to put some effort into everything you want to do. Want a rallypoint? Go there and actively place it. Wanna recover a random vehicle left out on the map? Actively go there and get it. This is why Squad is so good, it rewards effort.

You're on the attack cap, and suddenly the defence cap is overrun and the FOB is gone, one squad has it's rally still nearby though. Just die as a squadleader (respawn or get shot by friendly), place that rally there, and there you go! Magically spawn there without any effort whatsoever, do that with the entire team, and swarm that one enemy squad who was working really hard and doing really well to the point they simply can't do anything.

Don't get me wrong though, these two things are literally the only things i really don't like about V13, literally all the rest is just fine imo.

squad is becoming arcadeshi with every patch

they need to STOP fixing things that arent broken, game has already enough problems as it is now

3 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

they need to STOP fixing things that arent broken, game has already enough problems as it is now

That's also a opinion.  Having played just now, I completely disagree.  Have you played BF5?  Come on, let's not throw arcade out there without substance.

The game has 90% casual players like myself who don't have 20 hours to spend playing games.

I've played Squad since before it ever came out on Steam. I've never had any real issues -- other than the ones we've all pretty much had throughout the development of the game...performance at times...things like that. But now that v13 came out, I can't play anymore. The Unreal engine seems to keep crashing right after the Squad splash screen loads. I tried clearing my cache by deleting the SquadGame folder. That didn't work. So now I've totally uninstalled the game and have to wait several hours while it re-installs. Hope that fixes the issue. If not, I'm at a total loss as to what to try next.

Anyone else having this issue since v13 came out today?

Oh well...hope to see y'all on the battlefield tomorrow evening.

14 minutes ago, Kasich40 said:

I've played Squad since before it ever came out on Steam. I've never had any real issues -- other than the ones we've all pretty much had throughout the development of the game...performance at times...things like that. But now that v13 came out, I can't play anymore. The Unreal engine seems to keep crashing right after the Squad splash screen loads. I tried clearing my cache by deleting the SquadGame folder. That didn't work. So now I've totally uninstalled the game and have to wait several hours while it re-installs. Hope that fixes the issue. If not, I'm at a total loss as to what to try next.

Post in support on Squad discord.  but have you unsubscribed froma ll mods?

32 minutes ago, Kasich40 said:

Are you subscribed to any mods? You need to unsubscribe from those and follow the steps linked at the end of the recap to delete the workshop folder.

19 minutes ago, Soulzz said:

Post in support on Squad discord.  but have you unsubscribed froma ll mods?

I've never subscribed to any mods...no that I can remember anyway. I figure I'll see how this re-install goes. If that doesn't fix it, then I'll do like Stom mentioned and follow their instructions on deleting the workshop folder.

If I still have no luck then I'll figure out how to post in Support on the Squad discord.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

10 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

Totaly agree

Overall a very sweet update, a few remarks:

+ Huge performance improvement
+ Rocket techie, the new aiming system will help a lot and actually making it a usable asset.

- SUSAT and 1p29 scopes have no longer the ability to adjust the range, is this on purpose?
- Buddy rally. Have already seen SL:s requesting other SL:s to drop a rally so they can drop theirs and spawn in.
On one map an enemy scout car cleared the rallies around their flag, my squad dropped a new one and the other squads drop theirs. So we could attack and take
their flag before they had the time to fall back and defend it in sufficient numbers. (we took the previous flag just prior to this so the enemy had only a few guys on this
flag).