Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Deployable truck/rally

With the progressive improvement of assets and transport methods is it time to change the rally. So no longer just a bag from the butt of the SL , but change it to a deployable asset at main. Either say logi or transport truck, or light vehicles (carry the total of squad.).  Of course keep it for small layout maps, but bigger maps maybe expediting from main would be better.  Maybe even allow to spawn from that transport. 

Post Scriptum though the same, "lets change spawn mechanics". I believe they failed miserably.

Why do the same with Squad?

It's a conversation, PS has spawn trucks for the side. I'm saying for the squad level. 

1 hour ago, Smee said:

It's a conversation, PS has spawn trucks for the side. I'm saying for the squad level. 

Certainly this would be the solution for the problem that embecmom brought up about people treating vehicles as disposable if a transport truck suddenly became the squads rally point.

Posted (edited)

I think the MSP is great in PS. I love it. But I wouldn´t like to see it in Squad.

Why?

Well. I think they fill a narrative/realistic/gameplay purpose.

2nd World War was the first conflict that saw the implementation of mechanized infantry. Mobility was something different armies had to develop to fight effectively. Taking soldiers to the front lines was crucial. Because there were front lines. I think the MSP represents this in PS and plays more or less well.

On the other hand, the modern battlefield has the characteristic of not having very well defined frontlines. It´s much more fluid and fluctuant. So having transpots to move around still makes sense, but making it harder to stablish a fixed front line is also welcome for the nature of the combat being representated.

Then of course, any mechanic can be implemented successfully or poorly, that´s also part of the issue.

On a final note...Choppers are coming, so I don´t really think squad needs MSP.

Edited by Nightingale87

My question is if Mobile Spawn Points were introduced where would that leave FOBs?

PS has slightly different mechanics for spawning, so the MSP plays a bigger role there. For teamwide spawns, there's a limit of 2 FOBs per side in AAS (no MSPs), and only attackers get FOBs in their version of Invasion, but both sides MSPs. So, the MSPs are critical in providing a spawnpoint. In order of distance from a cap, FOBs are usually farther out in a more conservative position, MSPs are closer in, they are somewhat disposable with a short cooldown at main. If your SL is decent, rallies are always available, and usually the closest spawn. 

Since they are easier to spot, and would therefore likely would be placed in a more conservative position, it would be interesting to have them act differently than a rally. Unlimited squad spawns on a MSP and limited on a rally for example. Use the MSP like you would a rally now, and use the Rally as only a limited regroup call. Rally dies, regroup on the MSP, MSP dies, regroup at the FOB. 

3 hours ago, Quadro said:

My question is if Mobile Spawn Points were introduced where would that leave FOBs?

FOBs are fine, didn't say mobile spawns for building. Unless maybe you could be lower less stuff on them .