Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jorgee

My suggestions after one month of playing

Recommended Posts

Hello, I bought the game some months ago and at the beggining it was 90% PR, 10% Squad, and now is  100% Squad.

 

Here are my list of suggestions after one month of playing:

 

  1. In PR when I pressed F1 (or my seat), I could see the whole list of people in the vehicle. Now it doesn't always happen in Squad, I don't know why (I just get the "Can't enter seat... message). I need it because some times I need to know who is driving / gunning.
  2. Some times I misplaced the HAB and I can't remove it like in PR. If my soldiers undig the HAB, I lose all the construction points. A "Remove construction" command is needed to recover the construction or replace items like .50 cals or tows.
  3. When I'm squad leader, I don't see a number in the map in my marker, like I do for other squad leaders. This would be nice to have as I can look faster at my position.
  4. This is a personal comment (well, like the rest) but you should focus more in gameplay things than in effects like the radio moving in the trucks.
  5. A way to up/down gears, because sometimes I can't move fast because of terrain but the game insists in going Gear Up, even if I'm climbing and going less than 3kmph. I then have to put reverse in order to go back to gear 1 and hold it with Shift key.
  6. In a battle of BTR 30mm vs MRAP, the MRAP wins, and I find that strange, because MRAP doesn't seem to have the level of armor and fire that a BTR has. And another time we caught a Warrior by the back, and he stared firing and we lost the battle. Are BTR underpowered, or are other vehicles overpowered?
  7. The russian HAT tandem charge doesn't seem to have markers accurate, as the round falls at 80mts more or less, instead of 100.
  8. I don't find good that one person can stick with the kit selected the whole game. Other people don't have the opportunity because of kit selection logic. The PR system for kits is good for me, maybe you could copy it?
  9. I can't see KIT availability criteria. So I can't know why I don't have the scoped AK for example. I see 0/1 (for example) but then I can't know why if 0/1 then I can't use one.
  10. I can't know beforehand (when map is loading for example) what kind of vehicles we count with. It would be nice to know how many APCs, Trucks, etc we have and their respawn time. (Again, like in PR).
  11. Maybe for small screens / resolutions you could increment a little the level of zoom. I have a 24' display but when I'm not using a scoped gun, I can't see shit.
  12. It would be nice to count with binocs for every kit.
  13. It would be nice to detect when a vehicle is flipped and left in that position some minutes, and auto destroy it. Same for vehicles abandoned for more than 20/30mins for example, to help gameplay.
  14. HABs seem like pretty difficult to destroy even with a tank, and we know that 3 tank shells should completely destroy it. And one should be enough to kill everyone inside.

 

Well, this is the list for now, if I remember anything else I will be adding. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Jorgee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jorgee said:

Some times I misplaced the HAB and I can't remove it like in PR. If my soldiers undig the HAB, I lose all the construction points. A "Remove construction" command is needed to recover the construction or replace items like .50 cals or tows.

Superb suggestion, would be super helpful in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2019 at 9:42 AM, Jorgee said:

13. It would be nice to detect when a vehicle is flipped and left in that position some minutes, and auto destroy it. Same for vehicles abandoned for more than 20/30mins for example, to help gameplay.

AbandonTimer is one of the things i'll be doing in my mod (logic's on paper atm), because it was in JO and because it's a good idea when for when vehicles get left behind - not likely to happen too often in a 'propper' Squad match i imagine -  but none the less very handy to have. i will be setting mine to about 3 minutes of nobody within about 30 meters (a'la JO again) before Set_DestroyVehicle happens, to initiate re-spawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28-4-2019 at 1:42 AM, Jorgee said:

In a battle of BTR 30mm vs MRAP, the MRAP wins, and I find that strange, because MRAP doesn't seem to have the level of armor and fire that a BTR has. And another time we caught a Warrior by the back, and he stared firing and we lost the battle. Are BTR underpowered, or are other vehicles overpowered?

 

30MM and btrs in general ztr indeed underpowered atm. V13 ups the 30MM damage and adds armor plate for engine.

 

I like most of your suggestions but i don't really get 11. How would the game gauge your screen size?

I also don't think evry class should have binocs.

Edited by oTec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback! It's always useful to see where "new" players are still hitting rough spots as the game evolves, especially with all the UI changes over the last couple patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first one is a "bug" since some versions i think cause it sometimes works somtimes it doesnt. havent found out what is the deciding factor. and the second is something i never really understood why we dont have it.

i think we should get points back for everything wich is "shoveled-down" by your team. so we could be able to dismantle a tow or mg or whatever. Never understood why its a goddamn one time placement. works too with the radio.

Number 10 especially im also with you.

Number 13 should already work ... (they will start burning after some time and explode (when flipped at least)) but the last one i have to disagree since we got the 2man disabling mechanic and also the pretty easily destroyable radios (50cal and upper)

Edited by gshAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, gshAT said:

the first one is a "bug" since some versions i think cause it sometimes works somtimes it doesnt. havent found out what is the deciding factor. and the second is something i never really understood why we dont have it.

i think we should get points back for everything wich is "shoveled-down" by your team. so we could be able to dismantle a tow or mg or whatever. Never understood why its a goddamn one time placement. works too with the radio.

Number 10 especially im also with you.

Number 13 should already work ... (they will start burning after some time and explode (when flipped at least)) but the last one i have to disagree since we got the 2man disabling mechanic and also the pretty easily destroyable radios (50cal and upper)

I think number one works in trucks but int in APCs for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×