Mauti

Hello, my name is Mauti

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

although I already made a few posts in this forum I would like to say hello and give a short introduction.

My name is Mauti and I'm from Vienna, Austria. After completing my 8 months military service as Panzergrenadier, I studied computer science and became a game designer and developer for many years and incorporated my first company Trufflepiggy.com, a meta search engine, that helps you to find everything instantly on your favourite websites, three years ago.

I love tactical shooters since the very first Rainbow Six. Due the lack of a central "eSports" League and modding hub for it I founded *DAMN R6 and subsequently the *DAMN Battle League in 2000. It soon became the once worldwide largest community about tactical shooters on Mac and was sponsored by Planet RainbowSix (GameSpy) and later IGN. It was even featured in a gaming editorial on apple.com back in the days :-) But after Ghost Recon, R6 Raven Shield, and Battle Field 1942 with the Desert Combat mod, no tactical successors were in sight for Mac and so the website became inactive in 2009.

Eventually I also switched to PC gaming and played a lot of Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Insurgency and a bit Rainbow Six Siege until I bought Squad after testing it once in a v10 free weekend and again on a v11 weekend. Despite it's problems v11 and especially it's sound effects hooked me up I finally bought the game a few weeks later at full price.

Squad is the very first game since a long time that I played that truly emphasises tactical position and movement over twitch skills while still being accessible. 250 hours in the game I still love the thrill of outmaneuvering an enemy. The team spirit is also like no other game. It's also very fun to see how different french, english and german servers are playing and communicating. My favourite role is the scoped rifleman and LMG gunner. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with the multitasking as Squad Lead so I don't choose SL regulary yet although its a very rewarding role and a great leadership practice. Well done OWI!

Last but not least due Squad I started to make some gaming videos on Youtube you can find here in the forum's video section or just join my YT channel mauticom.

So far a kinda short but detailed intro.

Have a nice day and cya on the battlefield,

Mauti

Edited by Mauti

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mauti said:

and developer for many years and incorporated my first company Trufflepiggy.com,

I founded *DAMN R6 and subsequently the *DAMN Battle League in 2000. It soon became the once worldwide largest community about tactical shooters on Mac and was sponsored by Planet RainbowSix (GameSpy) and later IGN. It was even featured in a gaming editorial on apple.com back in the days :-)

Hello Mauti, and "welcome again" to Squad ^^

I'm an entrepreneur too and its always a pleasure to "meet" new ones on random forums through the internet ;) Good job for your site and R6 community, big thumb up !

It would be a pleasure to play with you as SL or squadmate, hope to see ya soon on the BF !

Edited by Nightstalker21

Thanks for the welcome. Since you are from France I guess chances aren't too bad to meet on a middle european server sooner or later :).

Welcome! We're glad to have you! Thank you for supporting Squad. =)