Does anyone here play Squad on a Laptop with an 8th/9th generation i7 (that means, the 8750H or the 9750H) and could please express his/her opinion on how well the game runs on it?

NOTE: I know Desktop CPU's are the ideal  go-to for Squad, but I currently need mobility, so they are not an option :(

Thanks in advance! 

In addition: I am planning on getting a laptop with an RTX 2070 + i7 (didnt decide if I shall go for 9th generation yet). If anyone has a laptop with that set-up over here, please share your opinion too ;)

Posted (edited)

I think you should be fine. The mobile i7s are very powerful and Squad is much more CPU than GPU bound in multiplayer games. Although I haven't played Squad on a laptop yet I have experience from very old Xeons from 2006 to Xeons of 2011 and GPUS with 670 (2GB VRAM), 970 (3.5GB VRAM) and 1080ti(11GB VRAM).

Just make sure that you have at the very least 8 gigs of RAM and also at the very least 4 gigs of VRAM. Would recommend 16GB and 8GB. Especially if you are using an external screen with 1440p+.

ps.: game favours high clock CPUs more than multi-core. My game is usually only running on 2C of 6C max which is disappointing. Maybe v13 changes this!?

Edited by Mauti

On 24.4.2019 at 8:28 PM, Mauti said:

I think you should be fine. The mobile i7s are very powerful and Squad is much more CPU than GPU bound in multiplayer games. Although I haven't played Squad on a laptop yet I have experience from very old Xeons from 2006 to Xeons of 2011 and GPUS with 670 (2GB VRAM), 970 (3.5GB VRAM) and 1080ti(11GB VRAM).

Just make sure that you have at the very least 8 gigs of RAM and also at the very least 4 gigs of VRAM. Would recommend 16GB and 8GB. Especially if you are using an external screen with 1440p+.

ps.: game favours high clock CPUs more than multi-core. My game is usually only running on 2C of 6C max which is disappointing. Maybe v13 changes this!?

Thank you very much mate! My previous (now half-dead) laptop had some good specs and the game was barely playable currently, with all the added complexity (in terms of "calculations" to perform) to the game, so I was worried :P

Thanks for the extra info too :D

Peace!

You are welcome. Also reading through the v13 pretest posts many people already get +20fps already with the first non optimized 4.21 Unreal engine update. So it can only get better from here on out.

On 27.4.2019 at 12:26 PM, Mauti said:

You are welcome. Also reading through the v13 pretest posts many people already get +20fps already with the first non optimized 4.21 Unreal engine update. So it can only get better from here on out.

Ohhh nice!

I will hopefully get the laptop next week, then I will come back here to say how well it handles Squad xD

I game on a laptop, i7-8700 and 1060 6gb. It was fine in v12 and is a lot better in v13. Probably 10 - 20fps+ but more importantly does not dip down to 30fps when looking towards battle as it did in v12. Getting 70 - 100fps now. GPU temps also a few degrees lower under full load.

On 5.5.2019 at 1:13 PM, [email protected] said:

I game on a laptop, i7-8700 and 1060 6gb. It was fine in v12 and is a lot better in v13. Probably 10 - 20fps+ but more importantly does not dip down to 30fps when looking towards battle as it did in v12. Getting 70 - 100fps now. GPU temps also a few degrees lower under full load.

Thanks for the info mate!

Just got my laptop yesterday and can confirm, game runs super smooth :P

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2019 at 8:13 PM, [email protected] said:

What are your settings if you dont mind sharing? I just got a laptop with an i7-9750h + gtx1650

Edited by plural_boink