I would love to see ambient life on the battlefield, such as a goat, snake or even flies swarming a trash pile. This would be a nice addition and add to the imersion as well as a small comical aspect in the right situation. I wouldn't expect the Animal AI to be "smart", just to a degree where it's noticeable that 'they' are conscious of people and battle. This would also be a fun place to hide eastereggs as it's an interactive theme but plays no crucial part to a battle's outcome, (personally I would add a 'Men who stare at Goats' easteregg where if a US soldier looked at a goat for too long it would fall over and Die) Just my opinion.

I would love to see ambient life on the battlefield, such as a goat, snake or even flies swarming a trash pile. This would be a nice addition and add to the emersion as well as a small comical aspect in the right situation. I wouldn't expect the Animal AI to be "smart", just to a degree where it's noticeable that 'they' are conscious of people and battle. This would also be a fun place to hide eastereggs as it's an interactive theme but plays no crucial part to a battle's outcome, (personally I would add a 'Men who stare at Goats' easteregg where if a US soldier looked at a goat for too long it would fall over and Die) Just my opinion.

Personally I just want this feature so I can strap explosives to a goat and send it in the direction of my enemy.

I highly doubt "shootable" animals like goats and dogs will be in the game--they would impose a load onto the server that isn't totally necessary, and SQUAD is extraordinary for a UE4 game in that it is the only one trying to have 100 player servers. So although it would be cool, due to technical reasons any kind of AI is unlikely to make it into the game, as SQUAD is about 50vs50 PvP action.

I think it'd be cool to see "non-interactive" flies buzzing around, geckos crawling up walls, birds flying out of bushes if they hear gunfire, etc.