Posted (edited)

why is it that IED + Armored car sometimes works, sometimes doesn't work? is it a bug or do they not allow you to put an IED on the armored car because it depicts something obscene which happens in reality? i have seen videos of squad gameplay where its possible to put an IED on a persons body and it worked. was it removed from the game? If so they should bring it back because this is a military simulator after all it is supposed to depict realism. 

right now if you put an IED on an an armored car, when you drive away the IED is floating in the air in the same spot. but i know for a fact it has worked before on a regular technical. i just noticed the ied symbol on the map was placed where we originally placed the IED and not on the actual vehicle as it was moving. maybe this is something the developers need to work on. 

Edited by SERGEANT ANDREWS

It worked before on a players head when you place it it worked on any sort of vehicle as well.

Tested this on Jensen's, any IED slapped on a Minsk doesn't want to move with that Minsk.

For that matter, neither do demo charges plopped down on tanks (which IMO should definitely do more damage than they're doing right now, but that's for another thread).

I believe the removal was mostly due to perception of the game, as it could attract media attention for "training terrorists"

who cares about political correctness, it is really funny in game and it happens in reality. Even Halo had kamikaze grunts. but its not about the suicide aspect its about the explosive aspect. 

i don't know if they have an official statement on why but maybe they just haven't gotten around to working on it yet? i hope that's the case

either way it is still possible in the game, its really buggy & its not cost effective in AAS 

look up on YT "1June2012 FOB Salerno Complex Attack" viewer discretion is advised 

The mainstream media cares, they really like bandwagoning on the hate train when they think a game might make their kids terrorists. And sure for some games and publishers all publicity is good publicity like in Grand Theft Auto's case. But for some small company like Offworld it could be quite the moneysink. And it's quite a different thing to fight against suicide enemies compared to playing as a suicide bomber.

And those kinds of public outcries could lead to changing laws to gain a voter base for coming elections and the sort. For example the rating system might get some enforcement on online stores like steam.

The whole topic is kind of chemtrail silly. There are many other games that are way over the top compared to Squad when it comes to the PC vortex.

Bottom line, think for a minute. You can't program a ticket based game to actually encourage wasting tickets which is what you do with a IED strapped to yourself or driving a VBIED. Over the course of a match such activities whilst majorly fun could really add up ticket loses which isn't a direction to take the game.

Besides, once the Commander role is implemented with its capabilities then there will need to be a corresponding asymmetrical option for the Insurgent's like barrel bombs mortars, ied drones and improvised rockets.

41 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

You can't program a ticket based game to actually encourage wasting tickets which is what you do with a IED strapped to yourself or driving a VBIED.

Didn't Rising Storm do just that by not costing Japanese suiciders tickets so long as their grenades also blew up enemies?

That really depends i think, make the bomb car ticket-free if detonated, and the player in it would be a ticket, if effective, you'd trade 1 ticket against many enemy tickets.

1 hour ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

That really depends i think, make the bomb car ticket-free if detonated, and the player in it would be a ticket, if effective, you'd trade 1 ticket against many enemy tickets.

Yeah that makes sense, I think the unconventional forces should get as many tactics as possible

I know this is a 'sensitive' subject for some people. I wanted to "weigh in"

I understand that OWI doesnt want the negative press; and the last thing I want is wasted time/money from OWI.

But, this is a "war simulator game" people and parents have to know these games exist. We are shooting each other in a video game, and throwing explosives, and launching explosives. I find it very silly that when a virtual solider is close to his own explosive and kills himself, its now a "big deal".

Its a real tactic used by many groups all over the world. It was used in WWII. If people and the public dont like war; they shouldnt consume war-media. Dont let little jimmy play with plastic army men.

I can understand not wanting a "belt kit"; but not allowing ieds to be placed on vics is a poor 'compromise' imo

I think the ticket cost should still be there. The bike is the vic tailor made for that task. Otherwise a low ammo techi, or transport can do in a pinch.

I havent tested to see if the the indoor "try this new hat"-trick is still working, but I felt it was tasteful and fun/funny to use. It was hard to "abuse" when your head is now a bigger target for everyone.

A few months back I was playing AAS on Kokan. We were taking a walled flag point; when an armored techie drove right into the flag. We smoked the driver, felt pretty bad ass. We all got in defense positions....then that damned nokia went off. "RUNNNN GET OUTTT!!!!" it was too late... 

That was an awesome night, and it was a very good tactic for opfor. they took out atleast 10-15 of us, and cleared the flag.

I hope we can continue to see that in some form.

Thank you for listening to the community! Thank you for this awesome game!

Posted (edited)
On 25.04.2019 at 2:52 PM, liamNL said:

I believe the removal was mostly due to perception of the game, as it could attract media attention for "training terrorists"

wrong video sorry remove message

Edited by drfreee
remove

I think this topic can go RIP, as sticking IEDs onto vehicles only doesn't work over LAN (so also on local games like going to Jensen's solo). It works just fine online.