when you are stationary with a bipod you have a certain range of movement. It is very anoying to die because you spotted somebody but where just out of reach because of the bipod movement limitation.

What i suggest is that as soon as you reach out of your bipod movement limit, the gun snaps to hand held.

As soon as you move the gun low enough to the ground it snaps to it's bipod wich you didn't fold.

Only by pressing C again the bipod gets folded.

In essence it boils down to skipping the bipod folding animation before you can start to engage.

Might be something of a risk reward system in there. If you deploy bipod you get better recoil and things on the cone of fire, but the limitation of that is that you are easily flanked by others outside of the cone. Thus it would also incentivize teamwork as other would need to cover your flanks whilst you cover either their flanks or front.

Posted (edited)

So for the left to right aiming when bipod is deployed i agree on the flanking thing as you said LiamNL.

But when you are on a light slope facing down, you will not be able to aim up enough.

So instead of pressing c and engage when the animation is done i suggest no animation. When you move the cursor higher it will simply snap out of bipod and you will be aiming with your normal accuracy. There will be a very short animation of your second arm grabbing the rifle.

Edited by Pharanaiton

it might create an annoying problem where you snap out of bipod without intending too. Needs a soft endpoint or something to warn the user.

2 hours ago, suds said:

it might create an annoying problem where you snap out of bipod without intending too. Needs a soft endpoint or something to warn the user.

Maybe a point where your crosshair stops and a certain minimum of up mouse movement making it go to the other animation.

2 hours ago, Thegreenzzz said:

What if the turning slowed down as you reached the edge

And as the turning slows down you actually crawl a little bit to the side reducing your aiming. But every soldier should have a animation when turning left or right  while being prone.

disagree.. either sit up and reposition...which will automatically remove the bipod .. just sounds like you want to have a bipod that allows 360 degree turning without the penalty.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, embecmom said:

disagree.. either sit up and reposition...which will automatically remove the bipod .. just sounds like you want to have a bipod that allows 360 degree turning without the penalty.

If you would read then you would know that i only have a issue with the bipod folding animation while taking fire. Just a faster transicion between bipod and no bipod while engaging. and i mean from bipod to no bipod. not the other way around.

Edited by Pharanaiton

sometime the bipod wont go down in areas where you could easily do it IRL, i bet its the same issue that causes you to not be able to place emplacements down on perfectly flat ground sometimes lol like when the emplacement is green and when you click an error pops up 

2 hours ago, SERGEANT ANDREWS said:

sometime the bipod wont go down in areas where you could easily do it IRL, i bet its the same issue that causes you to not be able to place emplacements down on perfectly flat ground sometimes lol like when the emplacement is green and when you click an error pops up 

On top of hescos especially