Sign in to follow this  
SERGEANT ANDREWS

INVASION > AAS

you know i think invasion could REALLY benefit from FOG of war and Random OBJ points, because many times you see early game 2 squads go to the 2nd and 3rd capture points. and then the defenders, build a fob on the first OBJ, make a first stand & its now 4 squads vs 2 because many SLs underestimate the first defensive point. OR it could also benefit the Defense team because NOW you can build a FOB without them knowing exactly where it is. I think that would really benefit the invasion gameplay IMO. one strategy oppressors use as well, is they can build a FOB on the point AFTER the current OBJ so they can do a double cap which is kind of dirty if you are on defense. 

if i was on defense i would place a full logi pickup truck on the point after, place a rally, and have the scout put an IED on the logi in case the rally gets squashed you can just blow up the logi. this way if it looks like the current OBJ is going south you can just respawn on the rally and quickly build the fob. & not having the fob there to begin with means that no one spawning and drawing attention to where the next obj might be, its just a single logi hidden somewhere. 

Edited by SERGEANT ANDREWS

really the only time invasions in unpleasant is when SLs lack teamwork or SLs that are defaulted to being toxic to other SLs. Invasion IMO has the most potential to really orchestrate a methodical attack and defense. a game type that could REALLY benefit from a platoon leader.