Jump to content
SERGEANT ANDREWS

a new scoreboard stat for taking enemy tickets

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, SERGEANT ANDREWS said:

would be cool if it counted up the amount of tickets you or your squad cost the enemy. by destroying vehicles, radios, infantry etc.

Personal validation and bragging rights...

 

Great idea that's been discussed ad nauseum here simply because for example you personally can destroy 100 tickets worth of the enemies junk and win the match for your team and literally show a k/d of 0/0 with hardly any score either so you end up looking like a spode on the scoreboard.

 

That said, within the game mechanics it simply doesn't seem feasible to implement a system that tracks an individual's tickets taken. Instead the game dynamics is focused on your teams effort collectively. I can't see that ever changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, SERGEANT ANDREWS said:

would be cool if it counted up the amount of tickets you or your squad cost the enemy. by destroying vehicles, radios, infantry etc.

NO PLEASE!!!!

 

I don´t like the kind of attitude scores like this reward and incentivate. People start playing for the numbers instead of the team effort of winning. 

 

There appealing thing about squad is that you don´t need to have a 20/1 kill ratio to feel u were useful for your team. And maybe that you even did many more important things than somebody that got 20/1 ratio.

 

A person who had 1/2 ratio, but was always next to squad lead to drop rallies and radios, and rescued the abandoned logi the squad had in enemy territory and took it back to base and drove it to a place for an SL to build a HAB for the WHOLE team to spawn and defend or take a flag and in the end the team won the match...

 

Is as, if not more important than the 20/1 kill ratio. And there is no reflection of that.

 

But the person who did it, and the squad members who KNOW what the game is about and how important it is what that guy did know he nailed it.

 

In my view, not only are stats irrelevant, but they can also be counter productive.

 

2 days ago in Kamdesh I was insulted by a medic for reviving a guy that was next to me because he wanted to see a 20 in his revive stats. LAter that same medic went rushing towards 2 friendlies that were lying down in cover to heal somebody, and he revealed their position and they got smashed by enemy IFV.

 

so NO PLEASE!...

 

I could do with NO STATS AT ALL!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

NO PLEASE!!!!

 

I don´t like the kind of attitude scores like this reward and incentivate. People start playing for the numbers instead of the team effort of winning. 

 

There appealing thing about squad is that you don´t need to have a 20/1 kill ratio to feel u were useful for your team. And maybe that you even did many more important things than somebody that got 20/1 ratio.

 

A person who had 1/2 ratio, but was always next to squad lead to drop rallies and radios, and rescued the abandoned logi the squad had in enemy territory and took it back to base and drove it to a place for an SL to build a HAB for the WHOLE team to spawn and defend or take a flag and in the end the team won the match...

 

Is as, if not more important than the 20/1 kill ratio. And there is no reflection of that.

 

But the person who did it, and the squad members who KNOW what the game is about and how important it is what that guy did know he nailed it.

 

In my view, not only are stats irrelevant, but they can also be counter productive.

 

2 days ago in Kamdesh I was insulted by a medic for reviving a guy that was next to me because he wanted to see a 20 in his revive stats. LAter that same medic went rushing towards 2 friendlies that were lying down in cover to heal somebody, and he revealed their position and they got smashed by enemy IFV.

 

so NO PLEASE!...

 

I could do with NO STATS AT ALL!

 

 

This kind of behavior is deeply ingrained into the ego of humans irregardless if its a ping pong game or a fighter jet dogfight though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This kind of behavior is deeply ingrained into the ego of humans irregardless if its a ping pong game or a fighter jet dogfight though.

Agreed. The stats don’t fuel that, people do.

14 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

In my view, not only are stats irrelevant, but they can also be counter productive.

I also think the stats are important to evaluating personal abilities, and that’s why they’re included. If you have 20 deaths and few kills or incaps, perhaps you need to take more time to think about what you’re doing and hit Jensen’s Range. Being a good squad means being skilled and effective as an individual, but also being able to work with one another. Without one component, both become ineffective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This kind of behavior is deeply ingrained into the ego of humans irregardless if its a ping pong game or a fighter jet dogfight though.

9 hours ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

Agreed. The stats don’t fuel that, people do.

 

I´m sorry but I see things differently. Maybe what you say it´s true for some people and what I say is true for some other people. In which case, further discussion is pretty much irrelevant to this game and still interesting in some other aspects.

 

On the other hand, even if we agree that it´s a natural tendency in people to have that kind of behaviour, I guess you could go as far as saying that stats DO FUEL THAT.

 

9 hours ago, TheRubbaPelican said:

I also think the stats are important to evaluating personal abilities, and that’s why they’re included. If you have 20 deaths and few kills or incaps, perhaps you need to take more time to think about what you’re doing and hit Jensen’s Range. Being a good squad means being skilled and effective as an individual, but also being able to work with one another. Without one component, both become ineffective.

I completely agree that stats can be useful. They can be a way to asses your skill and certain effectiveness. But if you give stats to people who are already oriented to "achieve PERSONAL success through numbers",  you´re fueling behaviour contradictory to teamwork and even less effective. 

 

For example: A medic should be happy that his squad is up and running, IRREGARDLESS of who has done the healing, as long as he is there to do his job, if somebody else has done the healing and he´s still able to manage the number of bandages and the distribution among the squad, HE SHOULD BE HAPPY.

 

A medic who gets upset and yells at somebody for healing a teammate (whose position was much more convenient to heal someboy) because he wants to get 20 revives is the example of the opposite. 

 

A medic who reveals the cover of frienlies by running towards them because he wants to revive them before another friendly does, REVEALING THE SQUADS POSITION TO ENEMY IFV, is the opposite example of that.

 

So even if we agree that there could be a natural tendency to that behaviour (which is an interesing topic), I find it easy to see that stats stretch that behaviour to an ineffective and counterproductive point.

Edited by Nightingale87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

A medic who gets upset and yells at somebody for healing a teammate (whose position was much more convenient to heal someboy) because he wants to get 20 revives is the example of the opposite. 

 

A medic who reveals the cover of frienlies by running towards them because he wants to revive them before another friendly does, REVEALING THE SQUADS POSITION TO ENEMY IFV, is the opposite example of that.

That’s not an exception, though, not the rule. Extra stats will be worth a few more self-serving Squad players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iirc the devs already have plans for more stats at the end of the round

I think it's time they prioritise this, vehicle kills especially are needed

I'd prefer they go back to PR's system of having stats available during the round but with a 5-10 minute delay, but I doubt this will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×