Gatzby

Alpha 13 Public Test, Round 1

Honestly from a performance standpoint v13 is way more stable and runs much better than v12 which for me had been plagued for the last couple weeks with many many random disconnects, buttloads of crashes to the UE4 window and even a couple of blue screens crashes. With v13 I only had one UE4 crash before the first hot patch and zero since then. I actually uninstalled v12 because its not even worth the hassle anymore.

With the removal of second HAB for Militia, think that should be reconsidered. What was an error worked out be a delight for Militia giving them an evening tool vs the many regular forces.  Maybe even give them 2 and insurgancy 3 habs. 

On 4/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, Globul Potato said:

Yeah, i dont know what i was thinking trying to defend Buddy Rally. Silly me. Disregard my opinion, Have your precious hiking/offroad sim. Sometimes i wonder how many people here play on Euro public "nation hodgepodge" servers, outside of closed off friends squads. Because you definitelly have some high Teamwork standards that i very rarely see. Usually quarter of the squad buggers off to do their own thing, quarter doesn't even have a mic and sports some cyrilic nick, and your 9 man squad is just 4 guys that sort of listen.

I like the long time before engangments and tactical planning, along with the silyl downtime with your squad mates.

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2019 at 1:29 AM, Globul Potato said:

Yeah, i dont know what i was thinking trying to defend Buddy Rally. Silly me. Disregard my opinion, Have your precious hiking/offroad sim. Sometimes i wonder how many people here play on Euro public "nation hodgepodge" servers, outside of closed off friends squads. Because you definitelly have some high Teamwork standards that i very rarely see. Usually quarter of the squad buggers off to do their own thing, quarter doesn't even have a mic and sports some cyrilic nick, and your 9 man squad is just 4 guys that sort of listen.

You know what the answer to this is? Be the change you want to see.

I squad lead almost as a matter of course, every single game. I split my section (squad) into two fireteams. Alpha and Delta. 

I appoint a guy I know can reasonably lead a fireteam, and **** me it's bliss. Even if I'm with randoms? I go to town, I kick those who don't listen and I give simple and clear orders. Fireteam leaders (your averge ****ing bloke on Squad with a mic and a brain cell) can lead 3-4 men/women/gender-neutral/LGBT+ community members, with a huge amount of success. GIVE PEOPLE THE CHANCE TO DO IT. You are ENABLING future SQUAD LEADERS by giving them this minor command position.

If you are on the Squad forums, you know how to conduct a basic section attack. I have had the luxury of being taught this in real life, it is not difficult, it is not complicated. You can learn and lead this yourself.

The random Squad pubbie is desperate to learn and execute a reasonably sound plan. Half of my plans, aren't  sound and they still do it.

Why? **** knows, but I sell it in a half confident way and the lads jump to it. 

If you are complaining about a lack of tactics and squad cohesion in Squad, you are part of the problem. Watch a few YouTube videos, add me on steam if you really ****ing want and click the create squad button.

I will talk to anyone, at length on how to SL with half a degree of success if they have the patience. You are all big boys. ****ing act like it.

tl;dr 

It's easy to bitch on the sidelines. Stop being afraid of failure. Take that SL kit and sort it out your ****ing self, it isn't going to get better any other way.

====

I realise I maybe slightly off topic, buddy rally system is shit in my opinion, (I've not played V13 even though I've downloaded it, I've just read its kinda broken and needs work...) why the hell are the devs supporting bad SLs who place dogshit rallypoints by allowing them to piggyback off other SLs? FOBs become pointless and we return to a zerg format. Ditch that addition immediately, get rid.

But I hate seeing people bitching about no teamwork in Squad when they are well aware of how to fix it themselves, yet can't muster the minerals to lead a ****ing section (/squad) in game.

Edited by Wonka

More "speed" in game will make it just an arcade game...  LEARN from Project Reality please.. After many years, speed decreased to make it more realistic and tactical. Please don't increase speed any more. Already the car movement is by far NON realistic at all. Just see how the army is moving in real compact and you  will notice that it's already worse than "need for speed" game of the 90's decade.

Rally points (as I have already said in the past) is still a problematic issue in tactical game. Better to give more attention in FOBs.

I agree with you.
The greater speed inevitably leads to having the team less cohesive and a greater lone wolfing in general

I sincerely hope that the Devs return to the old speed and transitions ... or at least reduce the speed by 5%

I always felt like squad movement was a little too slow, even putting in consideration the gear that must be simulated. Having not been in combat during my life i would still expect that once under fire you will manage to leg it a little more than simply "jogging" to cover,  i also always thought that the solution wasnt an overall speed increase but more like something of a short burst of speed at the cost of all stamina in that moment maybe even a little damage taken (like 10%, wich btw i would also find acceptable to prevent abusing the jumping mechanic).

But i also didnt find a real good solution to the inevitable abuse that this mechanic would bring with it other than implementing maybe some sort of adrenaline counter that rises depending on the level of incoming fire, whilst adrenaline low you wouldnt be able to sprint at the maximum level.

Also for the revive overhaul or exclusion of insta death i think it would be a good solution to decrease maximum health by 20% after each revive until you would inevitabley reach 20% wich would be your last life amounting to a possible of 5 revives until killed, could of course also be like 30% or 33...whatever you get the idea...

And pleeease remove the rally swap.

greetz

Just a thought but if we are to keep the 10% movement speed, would it be more benefiticial to have the normal v12 run speed when holding down shift but then have a sprint speed when double tapping shift? Excellent for crossing from cover to cover and to use or "cash in" your stamina to get to a particular vehicle quicker?

Posted (edited)

Not played the alpha but I'd be another voice against increased speed and the buddy rally system for sure. That said, the idea of a [extremely time limited and stamina depleting] sprint on top of the general jog is ideal in my opinion and entirely reflective of three broad categories of pace / urgency / tactical need.

Edited by TheRed
added.

I like the new sprint speed with one caveat; it should be the perk of the standard Rifleman only. Everyone else should go back to v12 sprint speed and furthermore the heavy classes should actually get a speed nerf from v12.

1 minute ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I like the new sprint speed with one caveat; it should be the perk of the standard Rifleman only. Everyone else should go back to v12 sprint speed and furthermore the heavy classes should actually get a speed nerf from v12.

That would separate squads, they want everyone to have the same movement speed to keep people together 

Leave the speed boost for non regular troops, and have a speed boost for regulars when moving in a squad  say when with 40m of SL. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Smee said:

have a speed boost for regulars when moving in a squad  say when with 40m of SL. 

Ew, no Lucio in Squad please.

Mobility can be balanced with speed and stamina, like they're doing. I wonder if they could decrease sprint speed dynamically as stamina depletes. That would allow you to move cover to cover rapidly with breaks, but decrease run speed when held for extended periods. Maybe add faster stamina loss for heavy loadouts, for shorter sprints but same final run speed as lighter kits.

Edited by pinko

Posted (edited)
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, Globul Potato said:

That barely happens to me. I almost always end up playing with team oriented and competitive squads and have lots of fun.

I don´t know how much you´ve played, but I´m gonna venture some advice.

Back in my PR days I often found myself with squads like the one you described. After many years I found I´m able to detect and discard many things, like toxic players, lonewolves, authoritary or ignorant (or arrogant) sls, and many others. 

So my advice is: be patient. And if you don´t like the squad you´re in just leave.... find another one and be the kind of player you want to play with.

With time you will develop that "feel" to the game and the community and you will always end up having a very enjoyable experience and playing with the type of people you want to play. 

Edited by Nightingale87

It seems like when you change kit on a vehicle all ammo is used regardless of the amount of ammo on the vehicle, i assume that it wasnt the idea.

Otherwise the impression is positive, a significant performance improvement and a lot of new toys..

Some impressions:
- Sprint speed feels a bit too fast but i guess i can get used to it although i also would like a slight decrease.
- Weapons sway seems to favor single shots now, which i like. But with the increase of optics there are a risk that the game is too rewarding towards the sniper players.
- I dont like that so many kit have lost their grenade, there are many situations where you really want a grenade..
-SKS for medics....YASSS

Is it really so difficult to make the speed as it is in real life / compact ?  More speed will make the game another fps arcade game. Moreover the car movement is also by far non realistic at all. Besides speed, as I have already mention in the past, rally point system is also making the whole game a bit chaotic. As a squad leader I put a rally north ... Then I took 1 on my member and move south. The enemy knows that we are coming from north... just in 60 sec, I put a new rally south... now we attack from south.. All these defence system, static tow and machine guns  are completely useless  if you can change the spawn point so quickly. 

- Thanks for the performance update.

- Destruction is fun though the defenders always seem to lose.

- The m4 sound is the best so far imo.

- The sprint is a little too fast. People are able to dart all over the place and it looks really odd when they sprint and side strafe. Please at least get rid of strafing while sprinting and add more momentum.

- 30 mm still feels underpowered against unarmored and lightly armored vehicles. Same with the kpv.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, Wonka said:

(I've not played V13 even though I've downloaded it, I've just read its kinda broken and needs work...)

There’s you problem