ButterflyCar

Aim down sight , toogle option?

So , my question is simply cus i havent played squad yet.

Is the aim down sight on toggle or hold to aim? 

reason for my question is since iv played PR and it forces you to have the toggle aim down sight wich is the worst. 

I know it gives a klunky mil sim feeling to the game like pr and arma , but pls for the love of god and allah make it optional cus i only find it annoying. 

just make a keybinding for toggle on / off. 

/ love ButterflyCar.

I really dont want to flog a dead horse...

..but i would friggin backflip if the devs could put toggleable PiP scopes back in just for the people that want to fiddle with them regardless of how shit the quality might be.

Just to clarify my original question, i want hold to aim, not toggled aim, is there hold to aim in this game or not.

<3 

..but i would friggin backflip if the devs could put toggleable PiP scopes back in just for the people that want to fiddle with them regardless of how shit the quality might be.

schaeubel-dead-horse.jpg

The Devs are hard at work on ADS, SCOPES and misc , stop the flogging lol

Not likely, because that is one more thing that will have to be tested for every build, and updated everytime something changes. Dev's will look into incorporation this in the future, but this is very low priority.

im never going to get an answer huh

No hold down to aim is not in the game currently its is toggle aim,

But the game is in a really early stage so it might be a possibility that hold Down to aim could be in this game one day

Thank you for the answer. 

I guess people who is raised on PR are used to that aim style, but there are a huge part of the community who isn't raised on PR , 

Yes you get used to it i guess , just as you would get used to a game if inverted axis was a no go, but people are right handed and left handed and we have different preferences so i really hope it will be implemented. 

I was searching for an toggle option on the PR forum , and the argument i found by the devs was "cus logic" , maybe i didn't search in the depth for a technical answer if it wasn't doable cus the hard coded technical aspect of it. 
But the thing is its a human right to toggle shit off and on. 

everyone's hate game arma does this right by giving the player an option to do it. i know its not optimal in a military-sim game but for the realistic part of it, u cant hold an rifle up forever, shit is heavy. 

but yeah thats not why i asking, its just ads for the clunky feeling of it all. 

Im not asking for a twitch reflex game i just want to be able to be comfy in a game im going to play for years to come. 

and yes i know i write like a 12 year old girl trying to make her voice heard, but i got nothing but love to you marines. 

<3 Ooh Rah <3

hqdefault.jpg

^me

Hahaha I don't know about it be a human right to have toggle on/off but I see where you are coming from but imo it's better this way because it one thing that helps to keep the game play at a slower pace from all them twitch shooters among other game play mechanics ofcourse

well, i played arma with hold-to-aim and it didnt change my paste , it only made me feel more comfortable when the shit hit the fan.

when im stressed under fire i klick and hold the button down (in PR) and when i let it go it still stays up and gets me confused and killed. 

iv played with hold to aim for 10 years at least so my muscle memory gets all confused. 

as i said i dont think it will impact pace more than in cqb for the better. 

im not after a twitch shooter i all ready have that. 

i just want the option to play as i use to in fps. 

Yeah I'm the same untill I played PR (1 month ago ) I never used the toggle system before but after playing PR for a few weeks I got used to it and I'm 29 and been gaming since the sega master system, and everything about arma is clunky so it's not fair to compare squads mechanics to armas

If it dose not impact the game pace then I don't see any harm in them adding it but imo it will but saying that I haven't played arma where it was possible to change from toggle to hold down

I feel your pain butterflycar.... hold down would be such a great addition, call me silly but im more immersed in games where if i can hold down the key somehow :o

You'll see it next updated if it works :)

Yup, we are going to bat everyone over the head with a large update in a few weeks, this should include ADS toggle and bindable focus (trying to get you guys the "right click to ADS, right click and hold for focus" thing).