Sign in to follow this  
ele_r

latest update keeps crashing

so as i understand it the devs moved the game to a new version of unreal, this obviously brings loads of complications and workload on the team. 

i was just wondering if there was any official statement on the current progress to getting the game back up.

i keep insta-crashing as soon as the game launches, just wanted to make sure thats how its suppost to be for the time being.

thx in advance.

This is never how it's supposed to be, most people can just play. Any crash logs or anything to show?

maxresdefault.jpg its this crash report, doesnt tell much.(not my screencap, id stuff is different obviously)

43 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

This is never how it's supposed to be, most people can just play. Any crash logs or anything to show?

^

44 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

i updated my amd drivers, reinstalled squad. does not work yet tho

I have the same issue. The game will load some times but then it will randomly crash once I've loaded into a game. @ele_r Does your Squad.log have this "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" at the bottom?

@Freddie Banks 

these are the 'errors' i could find in the logs 

LogWmfMedia: Failed to load mf.dll
[2019.04.09-15.05.25:941][  0]LogWmfMedia: Failed to load required Windows Media Foundation libraries
[2019.04.09-15.05.25:942][  0]LogWindowsMoviePlayer: Could not load mf.dll. Library not found.
[2019.04.09-15.05.25:942][  0]LogWindowsMoviePlayer: Could not load mfplat.dll. Library not found.
[2019.04.09-15.05.25:943][  0]LogWindowsMoviePlayer: Could not load mfplay.dll. Library not found.
LogEasyAntiCheatServer:Warning: Failed to locate EasyAntiCheat server library eac_server64.dll
LogStreaming:Error: Couldn't find file for package /Script/Engine requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/Engine
LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Class None.'<bottom line of logs>

no  "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG"

Hmm, with those errors, I'd be tempted to verify my DirectX installation. Certainly worth checking out some of the Squad files, if not that.

Just in case it's EAC, you might want to check that install.

Though verifying files is also a good place to start.

Clearing settings may also help.

Lastly, if those don't help, we do have [email protected] available. Including those crash logs would be super helpful!

@Gatzby finally got it working, i had to delete squad from localappdata, didnt do it earlier cus i couldnt find the folder, thanks a lot anyways