Sign in to follow this  
liamNL

Shitty suggestion Nr. 462

And once again I come with a shitty suggestion just to get it out of my head and on to something before it disappears again.

SO, lets get to the part where I type stuff.

Game start same as always, people rush, flags are set. fobs are built. However there is one caveat. When a flag is captured and the flags before it as well in sequence. A AI controlled truck will travel along a predetermined route to deliver supplies to the flag. When said truck arrives it gives supplies and allows fortifications (no spawn points) to be built on the flag. Thus making flags actual strong points to defend. (also able to resupply by logi but meh). This way you could make objectives on the map actual defend-able locations of strategic significance (for example a mountain village overlooking a valley can now be set up with MGs without having a fob). And it stops people from building the fobs in the objective itself which is just going to be taken down instantly when enemy forces close in. Thus relegating FOBS for strategic locations next to or dominating objectives because you can build your sand castles in the objective itself.

TL;DR, make flag points actual defend-able positions by not allowing fobs within radius but do allow to build emplacements (no spawn) at the objective to actually defend it with. Barring it has the supplies.

Poorly worded and hard to understand, feel free to complain.

I vote no. Mostly b/c this can easily be accomplished by 3 to 9 people taking a logi truck to the frontline, and the SL not being an idiot and building a HAB but building a FOB and emplacements. Then followed by other SL actually communicating and not building a HAB until the time is right. 

If it just becomes a fob you build then there is no harm in building a HAB. There is hardly ever a reason not build a HAB at an actual FOB.