Dargen

EAC - Unknown file version (squad.exe)

So since V12 i got this error:

Unknown file version (squad.exe)

I have tried to validate the game files or delete some files and repair it but it didn't work. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Any annoying EAC errors I normally go with a reinstall/repair this normally is the quickest, simplest fix. Theres a lot of crap that EAC does that can fail but normally it's pretty non annoying only when theres been an update. Hope that helps

YOURDRIVE:\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat> easyAndti cheat setup

Edited by Smee

20 hours ago, Smee said:

Any annoying EAC errors I normally go with a reinstall/repair this normally is the quickest, simplest fix. Theres a lot of crap that EAC does that can fail but normally it's pretty non annoying only when theres been an update. Hope that helps

YOURDRIVE:\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat> easyAndti cheat setup

18 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Smee is wise.

We have some additional help for EAC issues here: https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221442887-Easy-Anti-Cheat-Errors

Nothing of that worked but thanks for trying anyways!

personally I'd go with a squad clean install. once you unistall squad your need to make sure nothing is hiding. either in the squad folder(install location) or in your app folder location ( harddrive C:\Users\Peter PC\AppData\Local ) once this informaion is gone your drives should be empty of any erroneous information that could cause an issue. Then reinstall. 

On 6.4.2019 at 3:09 PM, Smee said:

personally I'd go with a squad clean install. once you unistall squad your need to make sure nothing is hiding. either in the squad folder(install location) or in your app folder location ( harddrive C:\Users\Peter PC\AppData\Local ) once this informaion is gone your drives should be empty of any erroneous information that could cause an issue. Then reinstall. 

Ok i'll try that some time now thanks

Sorry man your in the infidels with MAC,  that's a whole new ball game. There must be a couple of people using mac. 

If mac is ever supported, it will be only after release, as stated by Gatzby here.

Always cool to posts your specs before you ask a question, since nobody of us in here seems to play on a mac, we have no idea.

On 6.4.2019 at 3:09 PM, Smee said:

So that didn't work too :/