Sign in to follow this  
skidmark

Pen Flares

Posted (edited)

Any chance we can get colored pen flares (red,green)? It would be nice for immersion and for ID of blufor elements to reduce friendly fire incidents. They may not see much use in vanilla games but one life and organized events would use them a lot I would think. Assault timing and calls for retreat ect ect.

Edited by skidmark

5 hours ago, skidmark said:

Any chance we can get colored pen flares (red,green)? It would be nice for immersion and for ID of blufor elements to reduce friendly fire incidents. They may not see much use in vanilla games but one life and organized events would use them a lot I would think. Assault timing and calls for retreat ect ect.

Parachute flares fired from grenade launchers would be a neat addition if they added night layers.

However with the plethora of smokes and marking mechanisms that already exist in game, it’s hard to justify additional equipment that wouldn’t be utilized much, especially something that burns out as quickly as a pencil flare. Not to mention they’re typically only worn on survival vests of pilots and aircrewmen, and are very limited in their daytime application. 

They once had night layers, but people just put up their gamma setting and wandered around killing the people who couldn't see them. So you'd have to do something about the gamma gamers before you can add in night layouts.

Hmm, always a chance, but not a thing we're working on right now. =) Now that you mention it, though, I do want it. Actually got a lot of mileage out of the novelty firework guns they added to PlanetSide 2 for an event, using them as signal devices. (And, well, a general annoyance, heh.)

I could definitely see this coming out of the SWCMod or Squad Ops too.