Nightingale87

Unistalled after CRASH

I´m having a very strange problema with SQUAD right now. I tried to join a server, the loading screen was taking forever and I decided to go to desktop. Didn´t work, did hard reset of computer. Restarted, and Squad appears as not installed in my STEAM library. 

I´m restalling it right now. Any advice?

I guess my specs are irrelevant-I have been playing the game just fine for quite some time.

Thx.

When did it start? It could be related to a known issue: https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014393133-Joining-server-timeouts-hitches-freezes-during-beginning-of-game

Reinstalling should clear your cache and settings, but just in case: https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache -- always worth a shot.

Lastly, SuicidalChair is standing by with assistance at [email protected]

Sorry for reviving a closed topic but I am pretty sure that I know what caused your problem nightengale, you said that you did a hard restart on your pc while squad (and steam) were still running? If so thats the problem, if you shut down your pc in a manner like this steam can bug out (its been a issue with steam since forever) and it sometimes somehow glitches its own registery files (or something like that) which can result in games appearing as non installed in your libary, however the actual files are still there in the steam directory so you could just boot up steam and start de .exe for the launcher (not squad.exe but the launcher otherwise EAC wont run) manually or just reinstall squad in the same location and steam (should) detect the game files automaticly and just verify them. 

There is a good chance that squad is not the only game that appears as not installed so it might be worthwhile to just check if you are missing any other games in your libary. 

If you want to avoid it next time I would suggest trying alt + cntrl + del and choose task manager if squad just automaticly comes to the foreground preventing you from using the task manager try windows + tab (windows 10 only) and drag squad to a second desktop after which you should be able to use task manager to close squad. 

I hope this helps the next time squad decides to crash! (which it will)