Posted (edited)

Hi, there are 2 underbarrel granade launchers presented in game - US M203 and Russian GP-203 "Campfire", both use 40mm granades with 7meters effective casualty radius.

Iv tested both ingame and on jensens range. M203 easily destroy all russian vehicles or atleast destroy turrets and engines with fragiles with few shots, excl. T-72. But GP-203 cannot do anything with same 40mm grenade to any US armoured vehicle, even destroy mg turret. 

Additionally iv learned about armour of BTR-82A - its up to 10mm, and Stryker M1126 has up to 12mm armour (without heavy ceramics - its not presented in game). So fragile damage to these APCs cant be drammaticaly different, but it is now.

And if RPG fragile cant do sth to front armour of BTR, why M203 can do? I think its mistake and damage of m203 has to be strongly reduced to armour targets.     

Edited by taran-1

Jensens range in offline is buggy, damage values and armor values aren't properly represented, as it's not configured correctly, like it would be on a live server.

The HEDP Grenade for NATO 40mm grenade launchers in reality, is designed to penetrate light armor/surfaces as well as being anti personnel. It can penetrate up to 50mm of steel armor within 125 meters depending on angle, as well as penetrate softer surfaces of up to around 70mm in thickness. 40mm grenades do, do damage to light vehicles in Squad, but like I said above, it isn't accurately displayed in Jensens range in offline.

Posted (edited)

Ok, there is a wrong translation ingame. Ingame represented m433 HEDP for USA and vog25 HE for Russia. 

Ingame translation for m433:

I changed my game to english: "high explosive dual purpose"

I change my game to russian: "фугасный-осколочный"

It means high explosive fragmentation, but has to be "фугасный-кумулятивный".

Thats why i was surprised how good penetration of steel has standart he m381 grenade... but its just russian version translation error.

Edited by taran-1

14 hours ago, taran-1 said:

Ok, there is a wrong translation ingame. Ingame represented m433 HEDP for USA and vog25 HE for Russia. 

Ingame translation for m433:

I changed my game to english: "high explosive dual purpose"

I change my game to russian: "фугасный-осколочный"

It means high explosive fragmentation, but has to be "фугасный-кумулятивный".

Thats why i was surprised how good penetration of steel has standart he m381 grenade... but its just russian version translation error.

My Russian isn't great but would "Фугасный - Два цель" be closer to High Explosive dual purpose?

Posted (edited)

Фугасный-кумулятивный                        high explosive - cumulative

Фугасный двойного назначения           high explosive dual purpose

2nd translation is direct translation word-to-word, but its not in style of russian military naming of ammunition types, usually it looks like first, when all purposes of ammo are listed one by one, not just dual purpose or triple purpose. Anyway this type of granade is not presented bcs of low cost-efficience for russians, so no name for it.

Edited by taran-1