Hours Played: 2227

Suggestions
I strongly believe that Owi should focus on releasing the helicopter features, then re-balance the armored vehicles attack, defense, and mobility especially on the speed of the turret that one is able to turn from left to right to improve on the realism aspects. Then refocus the majority of your efforts on optimizing the game to prevent any more bugs, server closed connections. I recommend focusing 80% of your efforts on optimization and the remaining 20% should create an environment or in-game chat browser so that new players could socialize, learn, meet trainers, and learn the basics of the game. After, you guys have finished releasing the promised features(helicopters) than divide up your man-power 50/50 into optimizations, and the feature I had just mentioned above. Once perfected, then start to plan the next phase which is going for a full 100 slot player, after you have achieved a perfect 100 player slot then you should go beta. 

1. Add Helicopter + the remaining features that you guys have in mind + re-balancing heavy armored vehicles.
    a) Highly recommend: refrain from adding any more features for now until all of the following steps have been met.
  2. Game Optimization: Fix server connection issues, and bugs. 
  3. Creating an in-game browser for new players could socialize, learn, meet trainers, and learn the basics of the game.
  4. Efforts to increase more players: 100 player slot(Full 80player slot must be perfectly stable, meaning no more sudden disconnections and fps drops due to super fobs.) 
  5. Go Beta
  6. Features, game-modes, add-ons, 150 player slot. 

I'd love to hear back from everyone in the community in regards to my suggestions. 

1 hour ago, DarkVlord said:

150 player slot.

Ambitious.

We already have a problem to get 100player servers with a stable performance. Finding a new rocket science in performance would be required to bump that to 150.

U forgot to improve the weapon  handling mechanics. A lot players thinks there should be improvement on that since there’s exaggerated recoil and handling is bit bad in sometimes.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Rybec said:

Ambitious.

Indeed, I see a very bright future, huge potentials and will undoubtedly surpass CS:: GO. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:08 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

"Trainers"? Yes please. Curtains in the Basrah buildings must come first though...

I agree and it should be one of the priorities right now for the Dev team. 

On 3/17/2019 at 3:53 AM, Phoenixstorm said:

We already have a problem to get 100player servers with a stable performance. Finding a new rocket science in performance would be required to bump that to 150.

150 is just along the line of a few visions that I see for squad, short term vision but I hope to see an even bigger slot of 200 players in the near future. 

On 3/17/2019 at 3:08 PM, maze2 said:

U forgot to improve the weapon  handling mechanics. A lot players thinks there should be improvement on that since there’s exaggerated recoil and handling is bit bad in sometimes.

I believe that is a matter of readjusting some minor movement values not to mention weapons handling movement for all vehicles too as well as being able to shoot while driving. LOL

3 minutes ago, DarkVlord said:

150 is just along the line of a few visions that I see for squad, short term vision but I hope to see an even bigger slot of 200 players in the near future. 

Would be amazing but I'm sceptical about the tech site.

11 minutes ago, DarkVlord said:

...150 is just along the line of a few visions that I see for squad, short term vision but I hope to see an even bigger slot of 200 players in the near future. 

Why 200 and not 2000 ? I really can't understand what more players on the map would add to the gaming experience apart from caos.

Just now, El Pube said:

Why 200 and not 2000 ? I really can't understand what more players on the map would add to the gaming experience apart from caos.

The more the merrier and I can name a few examples; jets fights, helicopter fights, three-way battle royal instead of 1 team vs the other. =]] and the rest I'll leave it to your imagination. 

12 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Would be amazing but I'm sceptical about the tech site.

tech site?? can you elaborate? 

5 minutes ago, DarkVlord said:

tech site?? can you elaborate? 

In short, with more players, you need to sync; display; calculate more data and if the server/client can't handle that much the game/server will crash.

Just now, Phoenixstorm said:

In short, with more players, you need to sync; display; calculate more data and if the server/client can't handle that much the game/server will crash.

ahh the technical side, yes I agree we'll need more computational prowess. 

if i get time later today i will travel to the future and see if this happens.

nope.

Edited by suds

1 minute ago, suds said:

if i get time later today i will travel to the future and see if this happens.

nope.

Why travel to the future just to only see it happen lol that's not fun, instead get involved in making it happen xP 

On 3/17/2019 at 12:14 AM, DarkVlord said:

Hours Played: 2227

Suggestions
I strongly believe that Owi should focus on releasing the helicopter features, then re-balance the armored vehicles attack, defense, and mobility especially on the speed of the turret that one is able to turn from left to right to improve on the realism aspects. Then refocus the majority of your efforts on optimizing the game to prevent any more bugs, server closed connections. I recommend focusing 80% of your efforts on optimization and the remaining 20% should create an environment or in-game chat browser so that new players could socialize, learn, meet trainers, and learn the basics of the game. After, you guys have finished releasing the promised features(helicopters) than divide up your man-power 50/50 into optimizations, and the feature I had just mentioned above. Once perfected, then start to plan the next phase which is going for a full 100 slot player, after you have achieved a perfect 100 player slot then you should go beta. 

1. Add Helicopter + the remaining features that you guys have in mind + re-balancing heavy armored vehicles.
    a) Highly recommend: refrain from adding any more features for now until all of the following steps have been met.
  2. Game Optimization: Fix server connection issues, and bugs. 
  3. Creating an in-game browser for new players could socialize, learn, meet trainers, and learn the basics of the game.
  4. Efforts to increase more players: 100 player slot(Full 80player slot must be perfectly stable, meaning no more sudden disconnections and fps drops due to super fobs.) 
  5. Go Beta
  6. Features, game-modes, add-ons, 150 player slot. 

I'd love to hear back from everyone in the community in regards to my suggestions. 

Just fix the T72's Turret and Ill stop complaining. 

2 hours ago, nagasuru said:

Just fix the T72's Turret and Ill stop complaining. 

Fix all turret xP 

4 hours ago, suds said:

I once made a map which had 1518kb of geometry and 53.3kb of textures.

It was great fun because the performance was spectacular.

https://www.lahtela.com/aq2suomi/maps/gap.zip

Total download is 1.57mb

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/27/action-quake-2-community/ 

You made these maps fam?