Alright this game is literally one of the best shooter mil sims i have ever player as a whole its great i could nitpick if i wanted to but for what it is and what its trying to do its the best however, the community is anything but they are quite literally the most cancerous community you will ever run into and if your not willing to change your name after every dispute with anybody be prepared to be banned from servers for no reason and in general harassed by people who think they know how to play the game but really have no ****ing clue.

So what i am asking for is 1 or 2 servers supported solely by the developers with no admins or anything of the sort perhaps also reduce the auto team kill kick limit to like 2-3? and just let the chaos reign. being quite frank i am banned on literally 98% of squad servers do to run ins with people who want to tell me how to play the game and they dont even have 1/3 my hours and then because they own the server or know the guy who does i get banned because i didn't want to play the way they wanted me to literally. i see the servers come up during free weekends and what not so please just ad 1-2 permanent un moderated servers to squad. i realise the responses to this is just buy your own server. No. I dont want to manage a community i dont want to bother with weeding out shitty admins and legit players who got banned by them its a hassle and you have to build your server coummunity or else it will just be a dead server. But a freeform unmoderated squad server i feel would really add to the game in a couple ways. It will allow for the testing of new strategys and fob locations against an unpredictable enemy would drastically reduce the A type personality that squad seems to bring out in people unmodderated servers will really help the game grow. Why would it reduce the A typer personalitys you might ask. because people on the unmoderated server would know that there is nothing to be done about what the other guy is doing and will either result in more cohesive team work or a fragmented team that just gets steamrolled because kicking them wouldnt be an option. all in all wonderful game and if your a player who fits into one of the many communitys within squad thats great but if you dont want to conform to the way they think it should be played its not going to be as enjoyable of a game squad is also the first game i have run into that dosnt have its own free form servers but they do add them on free weekend so please add 1-2 permanent ones it will really help the game alot and the team kill kick reduction

Anyone can rent a server, if you see a gap in the market, build a community and get one going where chaos resigns supreme. I think @Zylfrax791 is a proponent of similar ideals. 

I personally wouldn't touch a server like that in a million years because humans are selfish dicks and I get enough of that irl and don't need the stress of dealing with man babies while trying to play a heavily team based game. Tough rules filter out those who don't fit the server ethos. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Anyone can rent a server, if you see a gap in the market, build a community and get one going where chaos resigns supreme. I think @Zylfrax791 is a proponent of similar ideals. 

I personally wouldn't touch a server like that in a million years because humans are selfish dicks and I get enough of that irl and don't need the stress of dealing with man babies while trying to play a heavily team based game. Tough rules filter out those who don't fit the server ethos. 

My position regarding this subject has always been and will continue to be that the game mechanic itself should be designed so that the game doesn't require gamer nannies and supplemental rule sets to play it.

This isn't a new concept and certainly all the credit should go to the people like Wes Eckhart, John Carmack and John Romero instead of me to be fair.

That said, as OP pointed out the "community" is rife with cronyism, ad-libbing rules on the fly and many other shenanigans associated with groups taking "ownership" over the game. And considering the fact that there's most likely over a million key owners and yet three years later around 3000 daily peaks certainly OP is correct about lack of a vanilla experience untainted by personal agenda's and bias.

Bottom line, my observation is letting private contractors essentially be the front end of a game isn't a formula for success from a marketing and public relations standpoint.

Edited by Zylfrax791

I take a marksman spawn in main and take a logi to the middle of nowhere. Die repeat. Now the team has all its logis abandoned and cant build any fobs.

Since im not tk's I wont be auto kicked by server, yet I have ruined the game for everyone. I can come up with tons of situations where I might ruin the game for others either out of malice or ignorance, and I wont be kicked.

9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

My position regarding this subject has always been and will continue to be that the game mechanic itself should be designed so that the game doesn't require gamer nannies and supplemental rule sets to play it.

Yet in real life, the human race has yet to figure out such a system. Communism didnt work nor has Democracy or any other system have i have ever heard of. Its human nature.

You will always have someone who will be either ignorant or a griefer who takes joy in inflicting chaos. And no system will ever be "smart" enough to outsmart a human.

56 minutes ago, Jevski said:

I take a marksman spawn in main and take a logi to the middle of nowhere. Die repeat. Now the team has all its logis abandoned and cant build any fobs.

Since im not tk's I wont be auto kicked by server, yet I have ruined the game for everyone.

Ok. Simple. Reprogram the game so any vehicle unoccupied outside the main base for more than 5 minutes respawns at main. Just like Joint Operations. There's no reason to leave vehicles unattended when the proper roles are used.

I can come up with tons of situations where I might ruin the game for others either out of malice or ignorance, and I wont be kicked.

Certainly, by all means come up with some more specific examples.

Yet in real life, the human race has yet to figure out such a system. Communism didnt work nor has Democracy or any other system have i have ever heard of. Its human nature.

You will always have someone who will be either ignorant or a griefer who takes joy in inflicting chaos. And no system will ever be "smart" enough to outsmart a human.

Interesting, because the devs have already evolved the game mechanics in several key areas in response to negative player behavior such as the role cheesing for example. According to your logic though they should just give up right? Nevermind the fact that AI chess is in fact "smart" enough to beat any human opponent so programming solutions for Squad griefing problems probably isn't too big of a deal.

Bottom line, I've been in many many matches with Squad in its current version that had zero administration or moderators and things ran fine for hours. However, on the other hand I've played terrible matches on servers that were loaded with overbearing admins making up rules on the fly, kicking players so they could have the tanks and furthermore making up silly supplemental rules that negated actual features the devs have implemented into the game.

7 hours ago, Jevski said:

Since im not tk's I wont be auto kicked by server, yet I have ruined the game for everyone. I can come up with tons of situations where I might ruin the game for others either out of malice or ignorance, and I wont be kicked.

that situation would actually fall on the squad leader do to him having to approve the logi. So im sure your next argument is a group of people could ruin it for everybody but thats ok because theres a fair chance both teams would have some amount of crap. To use that as a reason not to provide unmoderated servers is kinda silly. Also people who wanted a highlly moderated versin of squad could simply join one of the many existing servers and be told exactly how to play.

Posted (edited)

issue is admins... soon as you go over to servers that have limited / next to no control, it will be chaos.  And with FF as per usual with automatic kick systems it has no filter for idiots.  i.e like post scriptum where a commander tells the squad leads to stay out of the marked zone only for the idiots to ignore it and then get smashed by mortars... commander gets kicked due to no fault of their own...

rent a server and just leave it with no admin if thats what you want.  Simple.

Edited by embecmom

7 hours ago, F4tm4n said:

that situation would actually fall on the squad leader do to him having to approve the logi. So im sure your next argument is a group of people could ruin it for everybody but thats ok because theres a fair chance both teams would have some amount of crap. To use that as a reason not to provide unmoderated servers is kinda silly. Also people who wanted a highlly moderated versin of squad could simply join one of the many existing servers and be told exactly how to play.

It seems you havent played Squad that much. I can alone create a sqd and take a logi. No problem

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, embecmom said:

rent a server and just leave it with no admin if thats what you want.  Simple.

In theory its a plausible idea but in reality the servers that tried it didnt last a month because people were screaming for admins and because its expected to have admins and they didnt do anything nobody played on the server. having a server with everybody knowing that there is no admins would change the mentality of the players i cant explain it very good but because the capability of doing something was there and nothing was done it pissed people off but if there simply wasnt the ability to do anything about it they wouldn't get as mad.

10 hours ago, Jevski said:

It seems you havent played Squad that much. I can alone create a sqd and take a logi. No problem

it seems like you actually need to have atleast one other guy in your squad in my experience which i admit is probably not as much as some but more than most. they could add a minimum limit to squads who can get vehicles like say 4 man squads can have there own vic's but 3 and under have to ride the transport or w/e. but again none of these arguments are valid reasons for not implementing freeform servers as i said before this type of stuff would be going on on both teamas therefor balancing itself out.

I dont need a fob to keep a squad in the game the whole game they are important not critical. anybody who dosnt like the free form servers could simply join a heavily moderated sever. I personally am not a fan of being micromanaged while im playing a video game mostlly by people who dont understand the more subtle aspects of squad. 

And by adding the unmoderated servers would allow more people options to play the game the way they wanted therefor expanding the player base. It would be easy to see really they start with just 1 unmoderated server right lots of intrest in that form of play would = a huge que of people trying to get onto the server no que would indicate nobody is interested in that style of play. i feel it would litterally expand the player base of squad as it allows for more play styles and thats what really matters. people joining thosae servers would know what they are getting into and wouldn't mind. 

Edited by F4tm4n

On 3/15/2019 at 8:57 AM, F4tm4n said:

it seems like you actually need to have atleast one other guy in your squad in my experience which i admit is probably not as much as some but more than most. they could add a minimum limit to squads who can get vehicles like say 4 man squads can have there own vic's

Wrong. Ive done one man supply squad tons of times. Your arguments would have more validity if they were rooted in reality. But now it also seems you want them to change the game itself besides having admin free server.

I dont need a fob to keep a squad in the game the whole game they are important not critical.

Rally's are easily overrun and secondly rally's dont provide ammo. Your squad will pretty soon run low on ammo and run out of bandages, nades, LAT etc.
And vehicles would have to return all the way back to main for repair and re-arm - You wont be able to put up tows against Armour, nor MG or mortars.

So yeah FOB are vital.

I get the impression from your arguments that you really dont know the game at all, and wanted to do some Call of duty play which resulted in you getting removed from server.

Btw here are some more examples on how I single handed can grief on a server.

-
All these things are of course something I would never do, nor condone. If I ended up on a server with problems I would either report it, or find another server.

Moderator edit : Have removed list of ways to grief, as it has served its purpose in the conversation.

people joining thosae servers would know what they are getting into and wouldn't mind. 

People barely read the sever rules. Players would join such a server and get a VERY wrong impression of squad.

again none of these arguments are valid reasons for not implementing freeform servers as i said before this type of stuff would be going on on both teamas therefor balancing itself out.

How would it balance? By having players on both sides leave the server in disgust  at being unable to play?(read examples above)

Im going to leave this discussion, since its clear that either you really dont know the game works and you base your arguments on wrong facts and conclusion.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Jevski said:

I get the impression from your arguments that you really dont know the game at all, and wanted to do some Call of duty play which resulted in you getting removed from server.

thats a ****ing lul.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Jevski said:

Rally's are easily overrun and secondly rally's dont provide ammo. Your squad will pretty soon run low on ammo and run out of bandages, nades, LAT etc.
And vehicles would have to return all the way back to main for repair and re-arm - You wont be able to put up tows against Armour, nor MG or mortars.

So yeah FOB are vital.

Btw here are some more examples on how I single handed can grief on a server.

-

All these things are of course something I would never do, nor condone. If I ended up on a server with problems I would either report it, or find another server.

I litterally run into this on admined servers on a regular basis. you litterally proposed nothing new that dosnt already happen in the game. there is currentlly a bug in game where a squad leader vehicle approve orders are universal and therefore allowing anybody who is not in there squad to ask for a vehicle and the next time a squad leader approves a vic they also get approval. u can resupply ammo from the truck.

its amazing that there is this much resistance to unmoderated servers. i feel like that itself really shows a need for them. i am by no means advocating the removal of current moderated servers. simply saying there needs to be more options for people to play the game. you clearly have an extreme lack of skill within squad because 3 mags is more than enough for a run the people who need ammo are the defenders. ur gonna talk to me about not knowing how squad works and u dont even know how the mute function works cmon dude. and if your solo what are the chances of u running infront of the same guy 3 times? if u r constantly spawning at main or at the hab lol. again making vics require a minimum of 3 man would solve most vic issues 3 man is a full tank squad enough people for a radio anough people to cap a point. the resistance to something that would litterally have no affect on your playing of the game is silly and dumb. we should all be looking for ways to expand the player base of squad so the game dosnt go under and fall to the squad die hards only instead of resisting it when it has no affect on you. seriouslly. all of the examples provided already have been figured out by players as to how to deal with the situation some of them not so easily dealt with due to current bugs but they will be fixed and ironed out. its clear you have no understanding of squad as a whole or near my experience with the game.

Posted (edited)

check out this video it depicts my play style and the power hungry control freak aspect of the admins i run into on many servers. keep an eye on the chat box. all beit the play did fail last second we recovered and won the game easily. also note how all attacking squads are on the same approach and its my fault stiill for leaving the deffence point because the simply did not want to spawn on the fob we had on papanov.

Yet i had an admn badgering all chart just looking for someone to kick its disgusting he wasnt even playing the game just looking to assert his power over the server its straight cancer 

Edited by F4tm4n

On 14/03/2019 at 7:57 PM, F4tm4n said:

In theory its a plausible idea but in reality the servers that tried it didnt last a month because people were screaming for admins and because its expected to have admins and they didnt do anything nobody played on the server. having a server with everybody knowing that there is no admins would change the mentality of the players i cant explain it very good but because the capability of doing something was there and nothing was done it pissed people off but if there simply wasnt the ability to do anything about it they wouldn't get as mad.

but you said yourself you wanted free unmoderated servers?  then say that an unmoderated server is crap because no one admins it? im lost.  So Im thinking what you want is someone else to pay for servers that are unmoderated....but if its crap experience no one will be on it apart from cheaters/trolls... how enjoyable.

Edited by embecmom

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

but you said yourself you wanted free unmoderated servers?  then say that an unmoderated server is crap because no one admins it? im lost.  So Im thinking what you want is someone else to pay for servers that are unmoderated....but if its crap experience no one will be on it apart from cheaters/trolls... how enjoyable.

Possibly English isn't his first language but I think I understand what he's getting at. His point is because the community by and large has become so accustomed to heavy moderation that they've become very insecure when it isn't around for some reason or another on servers that typically have it.

Furthermore, he thinks that if a few official neutral servers existed with zero moderation and free of supplemental rules that they would attract a certain segment of the community that wants to try different strategies & tactics without being yelled and screamed at by overzealous admin trying to guide the gameplay.

Whilst I do agree with his overall position in concept I do however disagree that unmoderated servers would be functional in the current version of the game. That said, as unique and innovative Squad is the game mechanic itself still lacks a few safeguards and features that make it a standalone game.

I mean if you think about it the game itself already has several attributes that make it about half way to being a standalone game. First and foremost would be 7 TK's gets you the boot and secondly the third party EAC does damage control for hacks etc.

So what does this actually leave? Well, basically the remainder of the wrongdoings could simply be classified as griefing and morality issues if you think about it. Examples would be ghosting, inappropriate use of vehicles or language. I feel like all of these issues could eventually be addressed from within the game mechanic.

I mean the guy is completely right about the heavy handed admin on some servers I'll give him that. I mean when you've got supplemental rules and policies that literally override actual features the devs put into the game wouldn't everyone agree that's a problem?

@Zylfrax791 Yes. I do also agree the view of game as self regulating as in build feature set of game mechanics.

It were good at the Pre-Alpha when OWI had one official server at each continent plus the Jensens Range. Unfortunately they did shutdown them at certain point (prolly Iron and Trooper have blown all $10 I did donate to them by now to coke and hookah.).