There are already a bunch of those no-rules servers, no need for the devs to host them, if you want to play on em, make sure they get populated.

Posted (edited)

First of all sory for my bad english words sometimes i give kicks in English Literature.

At the beggining of SQUAD birth , there were Squad Official Servers rented , by own SQUAD Creators , for each Continent like

- Squad Official EU# 3

-Squad Official NA#5

-Squad Official AU#2

But , no justification far as I know was given to take down those servers from existance, I personally believe , that they removed them because those servers need maintenance such as paying them , and from a company or a studio point of view if they dont pay for servers for people play the betther for them right? So people start renting servers with Group Tags or Clans , and the whole Vanilla Servers went down 100% , now its only Private serveres to Public Acess , you can join them, but because they ruled by humans of course someone will abuse of the power of what servers priviliges have. An example to describe what is happening is like Governament , Private Companys , and Regular People , just like in real life corruption is everywhere and everybody knows that, and back to the point is , of course there is like 6 or 7 exception servers where you can decently play, but then you have another problem , no ones plays over there because We as Humans dont wanna sit in a empty server waiting for someone to join right? only join already Populated servers , and That maybe have  that small group of people maybe seeding like 99% of the times ,and the rest of those Good servers are empty with maybe 1 person waiting the server gets full.

Your question is very simple to answer , but who reads it , or listens to someone saying this and you are and become emmidiatly a Devil and a Toxic person , so beware of because if you talk about this you became a marked person within the game Community.  Admins and there friends Via Teamspeak or Discord have a niche , and in that "Only My Friends Admin Niche" , they provide complete acess Admin Powers to a bunch of their Friends and then the problem starts , People that should Not be Admins  , became  Admins  and the abuse over the Public Players start  , not to everyone but to some , and then when those people are banned or kicked , and not able to join they pick another ones and another ones , and  as everyone see and experience when they play the game they basically being controled by a bunch of people and not even should be admins like for example , the way you play , give an example  certain servers are told  Not to Rush 1st Flag and if you do that in Admins Team its totally fine , if you do that against the Admin team he simply Ban you , and this is just 1 example  there is plently more  , Not to talk about Admin Abusive use of Spectator mode by Admins Friends while playing the game or SQLeading , i mean come on . .  You have an Admin playing the game right? , and he go´s to spectator mode , first of all nobody knows, secondly he is a Human if he do that , and continuing to play the game , is a complete non-sense because hes gonna play the game Knowing where is the FOBS , where is the Tank , what are they talking about via Local Voice , and then comes the hard part . .  They at same time are in Discords and Teamspeak providing information to other people  when this is when Im Not Okay to play , because this is basically Admin Ghosting , just like players Ghosting , hard to prove almost to be honest , almost impossible , but old players and addicted players to the game know that they do that , because of conversations that are realeased outside their niche communitys, so the solution for that is Having No Admins at All.

I find a way to New and Old People that wanna play the game and feel a Balance and really About Skill and Inteligence Vanilla Experience to avoid this Abusive Admin Servers , so it here is!  .. You ready?? "cough,cough" You create a Discord Community with 200 or 300 or even 1000 players Noobs , Medium players and Pro Players or Casual Players doesnt matther just people that obviously play SQUAD , than you Open Squad , go to Server Browser and below there is an option says Server Filter , and is gonna show up a option to CheckBox for Empty Servers , You make sure that have that option ON , then you gonna search down the servers list for a Lonely Server with  0 / 0 Players and you gonna Join the server , then You ALT + TAB and you gonna send a message that Discord with those Numbers of People and you gonna type a Invitation with the Server name and the Current Map and leave a nice and good looking and attractive message or you can opte by a competitive hardcore message challeging those people to Join that server and play the true Vanilla Squad Gameplay Experience, where only the Best , most Teamwork, most Intelligent SquadLeaders and SquadMembers  win over the enemy.

Just a quick thing , yes people can still Ghost over those servers , but here is a thing namely the Programmer Developer if he is skilled enough can do to actually improve the game, set a way to the game by C++ , crash intetionally if VOIP Outside Programs are opened, So people use the In-game system instead using External Voice Programs to Snitch In-Game Information, just like you guys try to fix the Field of View glitch where people basically opening game files and have a Extra Increase on Aiming Down Sights if anyone remembers that.

And 2nd , make sure when players Join a server they Actually join to a Neutral Team , so They Can only Choose one Team to play the entire Round , this will prevent and avoid those people who basically switch every 130 seconds to snitch information & or destroying FOBs and actually points that can dictated where you spawn such as rally or important stuff , majorly just to Swapping Around teams whenever they feel like, because people just join a team play for 5 minutes , the watch where the FOBS and HABS are place , they switch teams and they go to those places in the map to basically camp HABS and ruin the players experience or pure evil just destroying FOBS and make the team lose because of a Designer and Programmer problems.

So this is your anwser Psyrus on Why would "official" ones suddenly be different? . . . Here it is , and if you pay attention you will start to notice this things

With these things fixed people can actually play get the true , Squad Vanilla Gameplays that We as players for buying the game , should get , and not what is currently happening.

Last Note : Within the Community of Squad the name TupacPereira, im probably in TOP 1 - TOXIC ,RACIST Person Award by  Admins and theyre Friends so , I will surely receive even more BackLash to come here and say what im saying, right now, so here´s a few things i cant expect to receinve after i send this message. But no problem , the truth is to be spoken and even i get more hate on me , I can live with that.

Edited by Tupac Pereira
Bad Enlgish words

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tupac Pereira said:

So this is your anwser Psyrus on Why would "official" ones suddenly be different? . . . Here it is , and if you pay attention you will start to notice this things

Thanks for your input, you clearly put a bunch of time into answering. 

I notice many (some?) of your suggestions are not centered around the devs simply providing "official" servers, but also changing the game mechanics, much in line with what Zylfrax suggests which is to have a self-policing rule set built into the game. I think that kind of thing would potentially work, but I still maintain that this elusive "non corrupted Squad experience" is entirely possible right now, today. The reason being if the players who want a "pure" squad experience would take the time/effort to seed those "pure" servers, then they would be populated and potentially more popular than the oppressive clan servers, because as you said:

1 hour ago, Tupac Pereira said:

no ones plays over there because Humans only join already Populated servers , and have a small group of people maybe seeding like 99% of the times

So my point is... be the change you want to see. Take it upon yourself to do the shit work which is seeding the servers that you believe are worth playing on... just like the clan guys seed their servers that they believe are worth playing on :) Because I am very certain that you're right, even if there were "official" servers, if no one seeded them (you expect the devs to seed them?) then the situation will end up just like it is now. 

Edited by Psyrus

Fellas, let's get real here.

Y'all fantasizing about vannilla Squad need to realize that vanilla Squad is extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY fragile thing. I've never been a griefer but I'm fairly certain that if I put my mind to it and maybe get a few partners in crime, we could completely empty an unmoderated server in the course of one round. No teamkilling required. There are so many ways you can screw your teammates up in Squad even if you're actually trying to play decently. You better believe that if anybody truly wants to start griefing, there isn't a concievable automated system that would be able to stop him from completely ruining the experience for others and annoying them to the point where they just opt to leave and try another server. That's why we need admins. The best game mechanics can never hope to defeat human ingenuity, especially when it comes to infuriating others over the internet.

Now this is why we need rules: Squad community is diverse. We have CoD bros, we have PR veterans, we have milsim roleplayers, and everybody wants something different from the game. There just isn't the best possible way Squad can be played, but there is this great invention called supply vs. demand that drives just about everything in our lives. Put simply, there are servers which are constantly populated and it is so because they provide the experience most people want. That experience is largely shaped by the server rules and people who uphold them (Rules? In a military themed game? Such travesty!).

Here's the big one: admin abuse. Admins do possess the potential to abuse their powers, no question about that. But do they really do it as much as some people here think? No. I've been playing on and off since Squad went public, I've been a moderator here for a substantial part of that time as well, and I've tried out just about every server there is. I've seen some pretty salty admins, but I've never witnessed anything that could be called power abuse. But that's just anecdotal evidence, who cares, right? 

A little secret, though - moderators can see what people submit to the "admin abuse of power reporting" part of the forums. Without going into too much detail, there's a ton of people who have suspicions and hunches about admins abusing  their powers, but maybe up to 3-4 guys who ever brought proof. And in the end, the proof is what really matters. In this day and age when everybody and their grandmother is recording 90% of their game time, we should be drowning in conclusive videos of admin abuse, but there really aren't any, are there? At most we have a few angry, taken-out-of-context exchanges and that's it.

OWI won't start revoking licenses of people who help keep the game afloat just because some people have a "feeling", nor will they do so because players can't respect rules , get banned and then get vengeful. From the evidence we do possess, that is unfortunately (fortunately?) where the vast majority of reports come from.

You're more than welcome to try, get inside one of the clans who run the servers and play investigative journalist to find out whether they actually abuse their powers or not. It's not even that hard and you would have my utmost respect for your dedication to this community. But you're much more likely to end up liking the people instead of finding any proof of abuse. The good thing is it's a win-win either way!

That's just my five cents... aaaand it's a wall of text again.

Edit: As far as official servers go, I'd much more prefer that the funds OWI have at the moment go towards finishing the game and supporting it for a longer time rather than covering server costs and full-time admins. I know a bit about marketing and I understand that having community-ran servers as your front-end is problematic on several levels, but there is only a finite amount of money niche games like Squad can attract and that money needs to be put where it's most needed. Official servers at this stage are a luxury, perhaps if launch goes well they will be a much more realistic proposition.

Biggest flaw I see is that servers usually provide moderators. And without moderators griefers and other ****ers could **** up the game for everybody. Unless you add in a shitty "kick this guy" feature, which only temporarily stops the guy and can be abused by people who dislike a single guy by rallying others to kick him as well.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:55 PM, Tupac Pereira said:

Zylfrax791 is right , everyone who plays SQUAD for enough time knows and understands that, there is a massive ammount of Abusive Admin Power in most servers , in fact the only servers that doesnt happen , are those on the Empty Section or they are not Seeded by any players, which is what WE as players should start doing , instead of Populated Clan and Group Name Servers . . . Very simple the game as Auto-Bans for Teamkillers and also we can kick people from Squads , We can mute , we can for sure play the game without admins and his group of Discord and Teamspeak friends , abusing in their server on a daily basis , using Spectator mode to provide information to others and they laugh on Discord and Teamspeak about it, or abusing kicking and banning people for little things people come to SQUAD Forums talking about , such as , Mic Spam , during map transition , Innapropriate Name , No SL Mic , One manning Vehicle , Chat Spam (when clearly people are trying to reach out with an idea or thought and trying to say something) , making Race joke or Human Color joke ,  etc ... I dont remember more examples because i just finish a 18 hours squad session gameplay , but everyone old on the game enough knows whats going on in SQUAD and sad to say , not even on Project Reality this things happens so this clearly is a New Wave of gamers that Rented a couple servers 2 years ago and start doing this until now 2019 , because i remember back in 2015 there was no such things like this and the game was Healthy for the first 2 years and then become a Admin Game where they are like Abusive Police and theyire words are much more Valuable then any other person , when we all know that they are just some skinnys or fat dudes behind a PC Screen that pay servers to SQUAD Devs to keep control under the game , this reminds me of not only life is Corrupt but also when we run away to distract Ourselfs into a game that we like , we still have to deal with this type of Corruption and Abusive people upon our fun moments , What is suposed to be a Fun , Competitive , Teamwork and Gameplay time ,becames totally the oposite. So that said and no Devs , action of the return of Squad Official Public Servers , like those old days when existed Squad Official Public Server#1  #2 #3  #4 , and everybody was happy. Now this game becomes or either a Discord-Only-My-Friends-Are-Not-Banned-Game , or a I-Pay-The-Server--So-My-Rules-And-You-Are-Banned  type of game. Soon or later other games will emerge and only they will stay here paying servers and destroying games and not making them Fun or Competitive. By the way  , my name is pretty much BlackListed in European servers for so i expect being Backlashed and people comming to Pointing the finger , i played SQUAD since the beggining so we also know that if You play the game for long time and your name starts to be a spotlight of negativity towards everything , just like with Famous people and Celebritys , so another thing of the game SQUAD being ruled by a couple of Admins Server Owners , is because we are humans they tend to keep in their mind your NickNames and punishing you for everything and for nothing , is Abusive Gaming is backwards mentaly for me keep playing this game, after 5 years of playing SQUAD everyday.   Moral of story and resolution of this little problem is making Official Squad Servers hosted by SQUAD itself with Auto-Admin Activated just for Teamkillers , so we can like people want a Balanced and a Vanilla experience with No Admin Abusive going on while we play , I dont even know why they got Removed , they should be kept.

Well said. I'm able to read the wall of text just fine but you might want to break it up into... What do they call them? Paragraphs?

I do miss the days of ]H[ hardcore admins kicking people for reason "keep it real". I cannot recall having problems with admins in the reality mod golden age. If they kicked me it was for a good reason. There are a few good admins in squad but only a few.

Its like the squad admins expect fps gamers to be a bunch of docile heavily medicated sheep. There are now more thin skinned casuals then there are thick skinned gamers. There WILL be drama in an FPS game. We can't have that now because the admins are a bunch of "safe space' nannies.  lol. personally i do way better when people start talking shit. it gets me pumped up and you need to be pumped up to play good in PVP games.

On 13.3.2019 at 1:50 AM, F4tm4n said:

being quite frank i am banned on literally 98% of squad servers do to run ins with people who want to tell me how to play the game and they dont even have 1/3 my hours and then because they own the server or know the guy who does i get banned because i didn't want to play the way they wanted me to literally.

OP, maybe you're just a shithead.

On 01/04/2019 at 4:18 PM, Psyrus said:

Thanks for your input, you clearly put a bunch of time into answering. 

I notice many (some?) of your suggestions are not centered around the devs simply providing "official" servers, but also changing the game mechanics, much in line with what Zylfrax suggests which is to have a self-policing rule set built into the game. I think that kind of thing would potentially work, but I still maintain that this elusive "non corrupted Squad experience" is entirely possible right now, today. The reason being if the players who want a "pure" squad experience would take the time/effort to seed those "pure" servers, then they would be populated and potentially more popular than the oppressive clan servers, because as you said:

So my point is... be the change you want to see. Take it upon yourself to do the shit work which is seeding the servers that you believe are worth playing on... just like the clan guys seed their servers that they believe are worth playing on :) Because I am very certain that you're right, even if there were "official" servers, if no one seeded them (you expect the devs to seed them?) then the situation will end up just like it is now. 

Thank you for your answer text = ) , thats exactly what I do, me and the other hundreds of players on the SQUAD Vanilla Discord that , We pick up a server to join , and We All Join the same server at same time , so we have like 60 people Joining at the same time the server , and thats how we play and get a Vanilla experience, the problem is , its just us , the other 1000 players that squad have dont know nothing about this.

just by the way , One of the Main Reasons of Why SQUAD have only 30,000 players in Steam Like and Dislike thing and just getting 3,000 players daily and its always on Sale or Free Weekends , to attract the Public , which they buy the game but then they play like 2 or 3 weeks and then only play again after an 1 year or 2 years later , basically rare squad players but this is another topic that im getting into, i guess sorry for that long and deviation of answer but , one thing is associated with many other things = )

Not like its an accurate benchmark for anything but needless to say the entire time I've played the v13 public testing so far I've seen zero incidences of intentional TK's or griefing. Honestly I think people that are prone to such skullduggery are much less likely to act out in official servers.

Interesting. My long held position that Squad is almost perfectly programmed for self governance is basically 99.9% true.

12 days now of v13 free range gameplay with folks playing the game to the very limits of the game mechanic itself unfettered by supplemental rules, heavy handed moderation and cronyism/favoritism and yet none of the doom and gloom hand wringing scenarios presented here even remotely came to fruition.

All I've seen over the last 12 days on the official servers is folks having a blast just playing the game the way it was meant to be played with very little drama and/or griefing.

See what happens when you treat the community like adults instead of little children that need gamer nannies?

With a few more tweaks like perhaps eliminating one manning the heavy stuff, larger base protection and maybe a text filter for slurs and profanity and the game will be self regulating.

God I love being right.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you might break something.

Also people who join testing servers usually have some vested interest in actually participating. Whilst trolls and other ne'er do well usually don't care about new features as long as they can be assholes. Also the newer players still learning the game are probably still playing the base game. This is of course all speculation with no concrete proof so feel free to dismiss.

6 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

God I love being right.

Delusional much? I've seen you in your one man locked squads driving around. You're hardly playing the game. 

13 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Interesting. My long held position that Squad is almost perfectly programmed for self governance is basically 99.9% true.

12 days now of v13 free range gameplay with folks playing the game to the very limits of the game mechanic itself unfettered by supplemental rules, heavy handed moderation and cronyism/favoritism and yet none of the doom and gloom hand wringing scenarios presented here even remotely came to fruition.

All I've seen over the last 12 days on the official servers is folks having a blast just playing the game the way it was meant to be played with very little drama and/or griefing.

See what happens when you treat the community like adults instead of little children that need gamer nannies?

With a few more tweaks like perhaps eliminating one manning the heavy stuff, larger base protection and maybe a text filter for slurs and profanity and the game will be self regulating.

God I love being right.

There's been quite a lot of reports of griefing - Mainly people intentionally mass tking and destroying friendly assets, with the odd report of friendly engineers using explosives on friendly FOBs.

Squad isn't immune magically to something that happens on every multiplayer player game with official servers on the planet lol Were any devs on in your games by any chance? People tend to behave when a Dev who has the power to ban you from the test, is actively playing lol

On 4/26/2019 at 3:29 PM, DesmoLocke said:

Delusional much? I've seen you in your one man locked squads driving around. You're hardly playing the game. 

18C48B728B5530E74CD5FB8B78FEBD9F4E3F78DD

Yeah. You're right. What was I thinking supplying all my friends fobs in a logistical based fps game?

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, DesmoLocke said:

Whether or not I agree with anybody here, I think that supplies and driving logi is as part of the game as any other. In some aspects even more important

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 12:58 PM, Nightingale87 said:

Whether or not I agree with anybody here, I think that supplies and driving logi is as part of the game as any other. In some aspects even more important

The point being, a one man locked squad in a game called Squad shouldn't be allowed in any server. I'm disturbed by how acceptable it's become in some servers.

Edited by DesmoLocke

So you would rather have 8 players join a logi squad, and then essential have a free kit squad, with no cohesion or teamwork, just a bunch of players grabbing kits and running around dying while the SL is supplying the habs?

Some server allow 1-man sqds when appropriate, others dont. Just play on a server that has rules that you like, it aint that hard.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

The point being, a one man locked squad in a game called Squad shouldn't be allowed in any server. I'm disturbed by how acceptable it's become in some servers.

Its about efficiency ...

Every Squad which has a dedicated Logi driver is missing firepower in any engagement.

Every Squad which has a dedicated Mortar guy or spotter is missing Firepower.

Every Squad which has someone doing evacs with a transport for guys on inactive flags is missing one guy.

I am much more disturbed that 1man squads are so unwanted since they can fullfill important roles.

No problem to do a logi 1 man squad but on most servers you get damned  when operating the mortars as a solo SL without a man in the middle.

only because the game is called "squad",  it doesnt mean you shouldnt also work as a team. (even if you do it solo)

Edited by gshAT

5 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

The point is the game was programmed to allow me to run a one man locked Logi squad with a rifleman kit so logically it should be allowed just like everything else that's allowed in the game. The reason its become so "acceptable" is because it ends up being the most efficient way to help win matches... you ever think about that? Isn't winning the whole point?

On the other hand, I feel like one manning the heavy armor should be programmed out of the game but until that happens I think it should be allowed unfettered by supplemental rules.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

On the other hand, I feel like one manning the heavy armor should be programmed out of the game!

yes, easy as that.

after sleeping over this, its probably not so easy could you would have some problems with situations where your gunner/driver disconnects or dies after repairing.

Edited by gshAT

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

I don´t see the bad thing about it. 

A one man locked squad is going to be ABSOLUTELY useless. Unless it´s somebody driving logis. A task for which a one man locked squad is almost as efficient as a 3 men squad doing it and many times more effective than a 3 men squad doing it.

What´s more. In a game where some people find it boring or are reluctant to do a logi run, having one guy, willing to créate his own squad just to drive logis and communicate with other SLs to reach their needs and keep them supplied and keep the team Rolling and fighting is something to praise not to be critical about!!!

I think basing a particular visión of what gameplay should be only on a specific interpretation of the name of the game can be a bit wrong. 

I think that by pointing out that the name of the game is SQUAD, what you are trying to emphasize is that there should be some TEAMWORK.

And I´m pretty sure that a one-man logi squad is communicating with othe SLs and seeing to their need, therefore contributing to the TEAM effort throught TEAMWORK dynamics to help the team succeed. I think that´s exactly a way to play SQUAD.

the fact that people cooperating are not in the same squad doesnt mean there´s no teamwork.

Edited by Nightingale87