oTec

Physmat and vehicles

Posted (edited)

Are there any plans on changes to the physmat system coming? It's having a huge impact on gameplay now and not in a good way.

I've seen that some maps, where the main bases are on hills, have been updated with a vehicle repair station at the bottom of the hill due to vehicles not being able to climb said hill anymore. (Unless you reverse drive up).

I understand it was needed due to some unrealistic situations like using rivers as highways etc but a techie who hits the mud side of the road on Belaya and instantly doing a 360° is over the top. Not to mention the fact that most vehicles can't even drive up a hill anymore, even when they are tracked. (Unless you hit it at high speed and hope you have enough momentum to drag yourself over.)

Edited by oTec

I thought they gave a bunch of the wheeled vehicles a lot more low end torque to fix the hill issue?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I thought they gave a bunch of the wheeled vehicles a lot more low end torque to fix the hill issue?

Haven't noticed any difference. Techies can't even drive up small hils on Belaya, unless they take a run up.

Could be they did for heavier vehicles but i've kinda given up on anything heavier than a stryker.

Edited by oTec