Gatzby

SquadChat - 11 - ft. Fuzzhead - March 8th @ 10:00 am Pacific (1800 UTC)

Hey Squaddies!

Another SquadChat in the bag! This time around, we invited our game designer Tom "Fuzzhead" Fancsy back to chat about the state of Squad, game design, the most recent recap, and more.

The SquadChat took place on Friday, March 8th, at 10 AM Pacific Time (1800 UTC) at http://twitch.tv/JoinSquad

We recommend following JoinSquad on Twitch so you'll get the notification when we go live. =)

The chat has been archived here:

There's a small chance I might need a haircut worse than Fuzzhead does.

3 weeks confirmed till v13 !!! 

Squad is an amazing CQC + Medium Scale warfare game. Matches are not overly long, squad work pays off, and mowing down enemies gives you stress relief knowing that they are getting rekt on their end. Keep it coming. I'm glad Squad is still being worked on, not just ceased and scheduled to shut down.

Posted (edited)

@fuzzhead Just a heads-up...I don’t think the community are complaining about vehicle balance because the Russians don’t have atgm vehicle. It’s more because the guns on the btr-80 amd 82a are really underpowered, especially against Strykers. This is the feedback that you see on Reddit over and over again (I admit, I complain about it as well). Why not just increase the damage of the 30 mm and 14.5 mm and see how it plays out?

Edited by fatalsushi

13 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

@fuzzhead Just a heads-up...I don’t think the community are complaining about vehicle balance because the Russians don’t have atgm vehicle. It’s more because the guns on the btr-80 amd 82a are really underpowered, especially against Strykers. This is the feedback that you see on Reddit over and over again (I admit, I complain about it as well). Why not just increase the damage of the 30 mm and 14.5 mm and see how it plays out?

Exactly, a stryker is rated for 14.5mm front and 7.62 for the other side, but i've had 2 full btr mags into side+back and it still smoked and drove away.

Also, what's up with all the overheating. Even on the box fed btr mg's.

Yeah, a 30mil BTR should definitely rip a Stryker apart, give Russians that advantage over the Americans, while the US could use a Bradley to counter that.

3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Yeah, a 30mil BTR should definitely rip a Stryker apart, give Russians that advantage over the Americans, while the US could use a Bradley to counter that.

And then the BRDM witht the missiles could counter the Bradley (if it gets a jump on it).