Sign in to follow this  
yagerbomb69

Microphone not working

I see a lot of posts of microphones not working but no resolutions.  I have a usb headset my mic works and tests fine with any other software steam, discord really anything else.  My mic doesn't work with this game.  People can't hear me.  I have done the general troubleshooting tests all over the forums.

Tell me about it! been like that for months now and some of the previous posts are years old now, seemingly without a resolution. Seems like we are up shit creek on this one buddy.

Only thing I can suggest is if you plugged the microphone in with squad running, exit squad, and open squad again. Otherwise I cannot help.

Squad will only recognise sound device when launching, if you turn them on or change after staring the game your game it wont work, this can be a pain. 

Windows 10 has another sound setting now called APP volume and device preferences make sure its not assigned to something strange. 

Minor thing disable other sound devices that your not using in device manage. Squad is supposed to use the same sounds settings as your steam, (correct me if wrong). Some  people have reported turning your sounds to low have sorted things out for them too.