yagerbomb69

Microphone not working

I see a lot of posts of microphones not working but no resolutions.  I have a usb headset my mic works and tests fine with any other software steam, discord really anything else.  My mic doesn't work with this game.  People can't hear me.  I have done the general troubleshooting tests all over the forums.

Tell me about it! been like that for months now and some of the previous posts are years old now, seemingly without a resolution. Seems like we are up shit creek on this one buddy.

Only thing I can suggest is if you plugged the microphone in with squad running, exit squad, and open squad again. Otherwise I cannot help.

Squad will only recognise sound device when launching, if you turn them on or change after staring the game your game it wont work, this can be a pain. 

Windows 10 has another sound setting now called APP volume and device preferences make sure its not assigned to something strange. 

Minor thing disable other sound devices that your not using in device manage. Squad is supposed to use the same sounds settings as your steam, (correct me if wrong). Some  people have reported turning your sounds to low have sorted things out for them too. 

For some reason, the official Squad forum does not acknowledge the problem. Even though the Squad official website does and encourages you to download a third party program in order to fool the game to make your Mic work. Worked for me, it's miserable though, as is programming in general believe me.
Follow this link for the fix : https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002689113-Certain-headsets-not-working

As you can see from the list, this is the second most common problem on Squad.

So, my XLR mic works perfectly fine on every other App/Game/Comms no issues no problems. For some reason Squad will NOT work with my mic. I've tried pretty much all the different "easy" fixes and honestly some of the suggestions require me to rework my entire Audio setup. Now, I stream 7 days a week and refuse to change my audio requirements that work for 99.9% of all other programs. A little bit of research shows this is clearly a problem with the game.

Could we please get an official Dev response and hopefully a patch that fixes this as it's kind of a deal breaker for me to even play the game let alone consider streaming it to/with my Community.

Thanks!

Been following this thread, and I currently have a Razer Electra V2 headset, which works well everywhere else. Haven't tried with Squad yet, but is there a way to test my mic in Squad without joining a server and finding out I can't be heard? Or do I have to join a team first?

TIA!

-= Florida =-

On 6/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, Florida said:

Been following this thread, and I currently have a Razer Electra V2 headset, which works well everywhere else. Haven't tried with Squad yet, but is there a way to test my mic in Squad without joining a server and finding out I can't be heard? Or do I have to join a team first?

TIA!

-= Florida =-

Hmmm, I can't think of a great way, but you could always hop into Discord and ask someone to hop in with you for a lower-impact method. http://discord.gg/Squad

I have a good Razor headset, played the game for a good time all of a sudden my mic doesn't even register for squad, its frustrating too, since team play is so important, love the game, but there are so many bugs, this one is kinda game breaking.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, Rook_Kail said:

So, my XLR mic works perfectly fine on every other App/Game/Comms no issues no problems. For some reason Squad will NOT work with my mic. I've tried pretty much all the different "easy" fixes and honestly some of the suggestions require me to rework my entire Audio setup. Now, I stream 7 days a week and refuse to change my audio requirements that work for 99.9% of all other programs. A little bit of research shows this is clearly a problem with the game.

Could we please get an official Dev response and hopefully a patch that fixes this as it's kind of a deal breaker for me to even play the game let alone consider streaming it to/with my Community.

Thanks!

Same shit for me. What's even better is that mine was working just fine up until recently when for no determinable reason my XLR mic no longer wants to work with Squad and it's the only place I'm having issues