suds

Fix for bug?: Unable to climb / vault

This one is really frustrating. You run around a bit, plan to go over a wall but find that you cannot even when other people can and you know it normally works. You wait for stamina and it still wont work. You prone and crawl forward like you used to do to fix other bugs, nothing. A bit later it works again...

I think I have a cause and a solution but need people to try it to confirm. My connection is unstable so may have some effect on this.

Before vaulting we had to get over or onto low walls etc by jumping and quickly crouching in mid air. I think that this is what breaks the vaulting.

1. When you get this problem, make sure you have stamina then try a jump+crouch move. You have to time it right so try a few times.
  2. Now try climbing again. It works for me but is not perfect, i think the timing of the crouch is important.

I think that jump+crouch might also be creating this bug. 

Please try this and report here.

For me, it's often after i get revived that i encounter this bug.

There's a current known bug with ammo bags, if you place one and rearm off of it, then pick it back up - You'll be unable to vault for a minute or two.

Another issue is if you have high latency/ping spike or if server TPS drops, you wont be able to vault until it resolves. I get it sometimes when playing on East Coast U.S servers(I'm from OCE) and TPS drops, or I get a lag spike.

Ah, thanks Dubs.

Both of those apply to me very frequently