I'd like to see more on this. Offworld mentioned there was an overhaul in the latest update, but does anybody know what that means exactly?

Basically an unfortunate soul at OWI was chained to a heavy surface, given a tonne of coffee - Then was tasked to revise the whole ragdoll system, meaning, digging through the old code and rewriting areas that needed refining/polishing.

From what has been said, there's still a few little kinks that need to be ironed out and tested, but ultimately there will be a lot less bodies flopping around like fish, and a lot less teleporting when being revived. 

4 hours ago, Dubs said:

Basically an unfortunate soul at OWI was chained to a heavy surface, given a tonne of coffee - Then was tasked to revise the whole ragdoll system, meaning, digging through the old code and rewriting areas that needed refining/polishing.

From what has been said, there's still a few little kinks that need to be ironed out and tested, but ultimately there will be a lot less bodies flopping around like fish, and a lot less teleporting when being revived. 

Yesterday I did a revive and he spawned ~50m away of the point he got a lethal shot by a small arm.

1 hour ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Yesterday I did a revive and he spawned ~50m away of the point he got a lethal shot by a small arm.

Yeh, it's not fun when your'e the victim of the old revive teleport, I always hate getting revived and popping up onto a roof and getting shot instantly lol

The overhauled system will hopefully reduce these instances to rare occurrences, or make them cease completely.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Yeh, it's not fun when your'e the victim of the old revive teleport, I always hate getting revived and popping up onto a roof and getting shot instantly lol

The overhauled system will hopefully reduce these instances to rare occurrences, or make them cease completely.

Get revived mid air and fall to your death was a classic too.

*crack*

Edited by oTec

Personally I will miss the spastic (sp?) Rag Dolls and the Space Launch Rag Dolls....always brought some levity to the game. like jumping on the truck wheels when its over turned and launching it into the stratosphere... Some of the little quirks however annoying can also be endearing :)