Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Truck entry rear move to climbing on.

At the present there is no animations for getting on and off the back of trucks you just appear at the sides.  How about moving the entry exit points for the rear section to on top of the flatbed. This means you would have to vault up to get a seat at the back. This would remove most of the disappearing appearing and feel more like your mounting/dismounting. 

Know it seems like a small thing buy might help with immersion. :)

Oh god not the immersion thing again.... 

would we need animations for climbing around in tanks or IFVs?

Could be neat at a later point, more important would be to add a damage/death penalty if you jump off a high-speed driving vehicle. :P

OP suggestion sounds like a fairly simple change with a nice nod to realism. Making it easier to climb in the back/sides then offering the enter vehicle command. Currently it is easier to climb on the bonnet of a truck than the rest.

Problems come from general usability for the herd. 2 steps to getting in a truck ie climb then press the key will be too many for some.

Gathering the noobs... "how do I get in?" "ok im in." vic drives "oh i fell out"

Consistency across all vics... "Where is the door on this vic?" 

Not a deal breaker though, i still like the idea.

Ideally the back of the truck is sticky somehow and you can stand and move around in it rather than having a seat. Shooting from vics would be very nice (and a big job).

The seated soldiers being linked to the driver/vic for network calculations probably prevents a lot of sync problems.

Tumble/ragdoll for exiting a moving vic would be fine, often happens already. There should be a pro move where you can tuck and roll if you press a key at the right time. Just because it would be awesome. 

Add a "slide across the bonnet" animation as well :)

11 minutes ago, suds said:

Shooting from vics would be very nice (and a big job).

This was actually possible in that leaked v13 test, tho it didn't have any animations yet i think.