Don't get me wrong, I'm all for layers that have a long timer but I've noticed that anything past an hour with kind of a stalemate brewing and its pretty typical for players to start to get bored with the match. They start asking about tickets, basically just screwing off or worse case scenario simply start depopulating the server.

Seems to me most people have a short attention span so having the timer capped at 1 hour might be a good idea.

43 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for layers that have a long timer but I've noticed that anything past an hour with kind of a stalemate brewing and its pretty typical for players to start to get bored with the match. They start asking about tickets, basically just screwing off or worse case scenario simply start depopulating the server.

Seems to me most people have a short attention span so having the timer capped at 1 hour might be a good idea.

Sometimes, those long games can be really enjoyable. For instance, I know a lot of people think differently, but I think those long Talil Outskirts games can be really fun, especially as a Logi squad, (I really enjoy US TOW missiles and other implacments.) Goodbye T72's!

I can see why some might argue for an hour cap - but I think it should be server side or handled in other ways. Sometimes, as Zy;frax said, long games can be great - though I can entirely relate to the point about a sort of game stagnation and fatigue sometimes. That can also be alleviated with different gamemodes.

player controlled voting an end scenario? could also be admin command.

eg vote options

If x flag is taken round ends.

End round in x mins.

Cut remaining tickets by x%.

Some maps are server killers later at night. When I see 5-10 mins before any action and it is late I often choose.....television [hidden word to protect sensitive viewers].

Oh no!...Please no more flashrounds...not again...

With those short rounds I feel Im playing COD or battlefield.... NOOOO!...:(

I personally prefer an average match length to go between 45 - 60ish minutes for Squad. Means I get to play more than 2 maps in a 4 hour play session. I don't mind the odd 90 minute match, if the round is intense & both teams are being proactive, but if it's a 90 - 120 minute middle cap standoff with no one making moves, I lose interest.

Stalemates are a common occurrence now with AAS/RAAS, due to changes in mechanics. It's far more beneficial to get an enemy to attack your defense and get them to throw waves of Inf and Vics at you, since they end up wasting more tickets attacking, than what they gain back from capping the flag. Both sides generally know this, and you end up with two sides not really wanting to commit time to assaulting due to diminishing returns - Unless you're team stacking or the enemy team is that unorganized, that you are able to pull off capping the enemy all the way to main, and get the mercy bleed going.

Agreed Dubs. If its a spirited match where one side gets pushed all the way back to their last flag, recovers, counterattacks catching the other team off guard and then goes on to roll them all the way back to their last flag players seem to stay engaged.

However if its a grinder match back and forth multiple times between two central flags or an Invasion map younger players become detached in a sense. Oddly enough, all the changes that went into focusing the gameplay to the center of the map seemed to have had unintended consequences in this respect.

Perhaps there could be an additional dimension to the game mechanic that would break the centralized stalemate.

frontline mode or a mode where the players that control more pct of the map is more interesting  .. taking positions based on their strategic value rather than its a flag... allowing players to decide where they want to defend rather than forcing a defence and known attack...  I wouldnt want shorter rounds I just want more interesting gameplay during the rounds whether they are short or long... 

what if some sort of side objective could spawn? something that would reward quick thinking and give people a reason to leave their defences

maybe a cache that's worth some tickets, maybe it could be exclusive to the losing team or only the losing team knows its location

5 hours ago, Hotpokkaminny said:

what if some sort of side objective could spawn? something that would reward quick thinking and give people a reason to leave their defences

maybe a cache that's worth some tickets, maybe it could be exclusive to the losing team or only the losing team knows its location

This has been suggested in the past (by me...lol). 

The idea was to have some random spawning of a flag, simulating some side objective coming up, and testing the team´s ability to react and organize a quick reaction forcé to go after it. The reward can be 50 tickets. 

That would easily add excitment, possibilities of comebacks, a solid reward for good organizational skills and a twit of unexpected. Specially if they make them appear in odd places.

On 06/03/2019 at 8:45 AM, Nightingale87 said:

This has been suggested in the past (by me...lol). 

The idea was to have some random spawning of a flag, simulating some side objective coming up, and testing the team´s ability to react and organize a quick reaction forcé to go after it. The reward can be 50 tickets. 

That would easily add excitment, possibilities of comebacks, a solid reward for good organizational skills and a twit of unexpected. Specially if they make them appear in odd places.

I think a good few have suggested this sort of thing... setting a time limit on rounds might force some gameplay however... losing it and you would have to attack... but of course, it will also mean others will just sit and defend a winning position around a flag. 

10 hours ago, embecmom said:

I think a good few have suggested this sort of thing... setting a time limit on rounds might force some gameplay however... losing it and you would have to attack... but of course, it will also mean others will just sit and defend a winning position around a flag. 

That´s not really what I suggested.

My idea was to have an objective,, say a flag to begin with, that spawns at a random point in the map. A flag with a slow cap function, like other flags. And one it´s captures. The flag dissapears and the team that captured it gets 50 tickets. 

So...bottom line...the objective dissapears after being captured and that´s it. Antoher objective might spawn somewhere else after x time.

12 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

That´s not really what I suggested.

My idea was to have an objective,, say a flag to begin with, that spawns at a random point in the map. A flag with a slow cap function, like other flags. And one it´s captures. The flag dissapears and the team that captured it gets 50 tickets. 

So...bottom line...the objective dissapears after being captured and that´s it. Antoher objective might spawn somewhere else after x time.

was quoting what you said you said not that a good few suggested what I said... get what I said....?

google translate doesnt offer scottish to english translations unfortunately :)

Scots Gaelic translation of:

"was quoting what you said you said not that a good few suggested what I said... get what I said....?"

came out as English:

"get what I said ....?"

and no. nod and smile.