fatalsushi

Will the autocannons be improved in v13?

Over the past months I’ve seen lots of community members talking about (especially on Reddit) how the 30 mm autocannon is underpowered, both from realism and balance perspectives. Will this be addressed in v13?

Edited by fatalsushi

I *think* the overheating on it has been looked at and reduced, but we'll be sure to verify that for patch notes. =)

Unlocking the full auto fire mode on the 30mm cannons could improve their performance.

Maybe not giving strykers an unrealistic damage model would solve alot. A Bradley shrugging off 30mm rounds is realistic, but not for a Stryker.

Now i understand there must be some balance, but now you gotta be sure you disable the crows before you engage or your puny BTR hull will get battered into the next world by a inferiorly armed APC.

2 hours ago, Axel said:

Unlocking the full auto fire mode on the 30mm cannons could improve their performance.

Hell yeah.I rember when the BTR80A could shoot non-stop untill the ammo was out,awww thous where the days.

And not just the BTR80A but the ZU has the same problem,stupid burst mode if we want burst mode we can shoot burst or even single shot from the ZU

Posted (edited)
On 27/02/2019 at 8:43 PM, Gatzby said:

I *think* the overheating on it has been looked at and reduced, but we'll be sure to verify that for patch notes. =)

*cough* And when is that? *cough*

Edited by Lio

I was thinking the same thing. I have to say - I'm glad. This gap being quite this long - for all the reasons that exist, understandable in many ways - has been perhaps a little bit of an issue. It's been the most grating 'gap' in development I can remember, or at least it has felt that way to me. I get why, entirely, as I say. It just seems that another map thrown in the gap might've staved off that burnout one can feel.

Posted (edited)
On 2019/2/28 at 5:43 AM, Gatzby said:

I just had another absolutely awful vehicle experience so I have to reply. Drove up behind a Stryker and my gunner hit it right in the back over a dozen times at less than 10 meters distance, but it swung its turret around and killed us before we could finish it off. We must have hit it over 20 times but it still got away. I don't think changing overheating is going to do much to help here. It's just horribly unbalanced and unrealistic. The Russian 14.5 mm is also horribly underpowered against lightly armored vehicles.

Edited by fatalsushi

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

I just had another absolutely awful vehicle experience so I have to reply. Drove up behind a Stryker and my gunner hit it right in the back over a dozen times at less than 10 meters distance, but it swung its turret around and killed us before we could finish it off. We must have hit it over 20 times but it still got away. I don't think changing overheating is going to do much to help here. It's just horribly unbalanced and unrealistic. The Russian 14.5 mm is also horribly underpowered against lightly armored vehicles.

Can confirm. BTR-82 AP rounds do very little damage across the board to Bradley's, Warrior's and Stryker's. Heck it even has trouble ripping Logi trucks. Numerous times I've even found abandoned vehicles stuck on walls, got directly behind them and depleted the entire allotment of AP rounds and only slightly got it smoking. Gave up playing the Russian faction weeks ago.