Spriggan

[WIP] Qwai River but not really

Name: Qwai River but no asian assets

Size: 4km

Teams: US and RUS 

Gameplay: AAS

Description:

IUiJSCd.jpg

After over 6 months of hard work, I'm happy to share deep progress into this project.

Heavily influenced by a classic Project Reality map, the original "Qwai River", this project is a reiteration of experimental design elements I had implemented in my own heavily forested PR map named "Route E-106"  . This map is a complete overhaul of the original Qwai River built from the ground up using only the SDK. My sole ambition is create a unique and fun Squad environment while paying homage to several Qwai River landmarks and points of interests utilizing the original map's layout. 

Qwai River for squad is heavily designed where infantry combat is always the main focus and core for gameplay. Generally what this means is that almost every portion of the map provides plenty of cover and concealment for an entire squad without becoming claustrophobic. Through thoughtful placement of level design elements such as foliage, this map aims to provide entire squads plenty of room for combat decisions where teamwork and smart positional choices will be the deciding factor to winning engagements. 

Minimap : 
OmDyTEX.jpgUydJl4P.jpg

[ Splines FTW ] 

8vzxitw.jpgUgz983J.jpg

pkGkEsL.jpgFnEnzaG.jpg

YMJnkvh.jpguRcL0aD.jpg

uGnQ7Kp.jpgt1SljnD.jpg

ROPgHhN.jpg6rBwezq.jpg

V1vZ9dp.jpgbE0KSHG.jpg

mfZnzR6.jpgsC9IYon.jpg

uo7QYSR.jpgKWdlkpM.jpg

vqOIkbt.jpg25aCESx.jpg

7TlGsrx.jpgNstid6X.jpg

xBVPvEa.jpg0EWstZp.jpg

ZeMnnI1.jpgShfcoJE.jpg

0Cpm5eB.jpgnAGnODt.jpg

MygaYzy.jpgcwrkaID.jpg

sKV51Ml.jpgtquXHju.jpg

uRcL0aD.jpgEEFzqjR.jpg

RCXYl87.jpg4jsvK8r.jpg

aF4W2FT.jpgDZEO5dY.jpg

Lots of villages rendering.... they need fences and stuff

Edited by Spriggan

Wow dude, even though you are not able to use asian assets the map already feels like home in the screenshots! Can´t wait to test this one, it was one of my all time fav PR maps, lots of awesome memories in this one...

Keep on rocking! :)

Looks fantastic. Hope to see OWI possibly make it official. I don't find many servers running mods and your map looks to good to not be played.

Damn, now this is the kind of stuff i want more of in Squad, please devs look at this and see if it can become an official map (Ofcourse, it will probably need a lot of editing and fixing, but just like Skorpo)!

For some reason the screen shot won’t load, but if this map Is heavily forested i will be very happy, I wish we had more of those

Sprigg - this looks great!

Can you put in the doors on mine that would get blown up with C4 and then the engineers would work frantically to repair to keep the troops out? Please?

Also

Must.
Have.
Land.
Bridge.