Sign in to follow this  
Nightingale87

Parallel or Simultaneous FLAGS

I´ve been thinking about it for quite some time now, and as far as I´m aware I don´t think this has been commented.

The idea is basically to have a mode called maybe "Parallel or Simultaneus AAS" or whatever. Like in many other videogames, capturing áreas, but not necessarily in a sequence.

Instead of having a linear (sequencial) capture of flags, just all flags can be captured all the time. I fail to see how this is not proper to créate a good gaming environment. Usual display of flags should be spreading on an axis perpendicular to that that connects the 2 main bases. You can even have a random Parallel AAS.

Hell you can even bring bleeding back if you wanted.

Let´s say 4/5 flags scattered from North to South (bases being East and West). That would provide sufficient concentration of conflict to make it fun, with sufficient options to make it tactical and variable. All flags are cappable all the time. The team that controls more flags makes the other team bleed (that´s a possibility)

I specially see this working when servers reach 100 players, with 76 maybe 3 flags would be more appropiate.

I´m all ears (specially for constructive or at least polite criticism) 

Edited by Nightingale87

PAAS disappeared in v11 i think. was decent and different. not sure why it is not around now.

It could be done, but if you open the capturing order too much the idea behind the AAS do dilute and you end up something that is more of a conquest than AAS. What I did try the parallel AAS at those few moments my initial understanding were that it was too open (the layer and CP placement) and made the round play poorly and were confusing. Especially with big impact of players who most probably are not familiar even with linear AAS.

Solution might be to make a few CPs with parallelism at some points on map, but keep the distance between them relatively short. 

Conquest have the drawback that it is way easier to create a total mess with it in public environment than more rigid AAS, which when properly implemented have inbuilt layer of structure. This of course when you put hundreds or even thousands of hours to game make AAS more repetitive as single layer compared some more open ended modes.

Some kind of map rating might be good at some point, so one can see if the map is hard or easy to play as a team. Coin do have two sides of course and this might create some kind of easy fix phenomenom and leave more experienced players as minority.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

3 hours ago, suds said:

PAAS disappeared in v11 i think. was decent and different. not sure why it is not around now.

Yeah, I remember the Fool's Road layer where the flags always glitched out.

4 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Conquest have the drawback that it is way easier to create a total mess with it in public environment than more rigid AAS, which when properly implemented have inbuilt layer of structure. This of course when you put hundreds or even thousands of hours to game make AAS more repetitive as single layer compared some more open ended modes.

The thing is that what I remember from conquest was it had TOO many flags. 3 flags for 76 players sounds about right.