Sign in to follow this  
[BMF] Coanda

What was that UE4 glitch the devs fixed?

I am trying to find out some info on that glitch the unreal 4 engine was producing a version or two ago. My memory escapes me and I cant seem to find the fix in the update notes. The glitch they fixed was in relation to a micro sway on the aiming sights that technically had a small impact on your aim & physics etc.. I vaguely remember it having to do with your positioning on the map. They made some change that better calculates "something" more accurately...  I only ask as another game I play in development runs the same engine & I believe they have the same issue.

Any help is appreciated 

Edited by [BMF] Coanda

found it:- v12 log is in a funny place...

Added World Origin Rebasing. As a player moves further from the map’s “origin point,” there is a subtle but exponential increase in tiny deviations or “scope jitter,” especially when looking through powerful optics. This gets much more dramatic as map sizes scale up and makes for frustrating gameplay when trying to fire weapons more precisely. World Origin Rebasing essentially repositions the origin of the world for each player dynamically to reduce the distance between the origin and the player, fixing the jitter that you experience in things like magnified optics, player animations, and nametags.