vXvONE-SHOTvXv

Stopping Rouge Players Causing Nonstop Steamroll

My biggest issue with playing is making a forward hab and then people from the dedicated defense squad spawn in & start pushing.

Of course defense Squad gets overrun, we lose the defensive Hab, and typically lose the forward Habs, then it's almost impossible to make a comeback. Might as well be a mercy bleed (you have to start from scratch) as you get steam rolled. It's not fun with many avoidable double neutrals.

Easy fix would be to making spawning on habs remain auto-spawnable, but allow SLs to disable spawn on particular habs/rallies for specific individuals. For example, if we're defending, but Fob next door needs a LAT, I allow single person to go.

It's very frustrating, especially when some random blueberry hops on your tow, shoots two rockets (and misses), and doesn't do any loggi runs.

SL's simply don't kick players to don't listen/do whats needed to not get decimated. And good luck trying to change their behavior. Yet the whole team pays for it...happens 2/5 games.

Any other suggestions how this can be fixed?

Very often people forget it can get boring defending a flag if nothings happening. Many times you would bound forward to do the next attack so your guys get the action. But many teams don't want to allow for this. Forgetting that sometimes defence can be a good way to limit player fatigue.

If you don't want people to spawn on a forward for, and start to show activity. You can just supply and not build the HAB/AMMO etc, leave just the radio and if it becomes needed you can then build when you get there. The deactivation spawn's as SL's could become toxic, and what happens when the guy leaves your squad creates one and then opens the spawn?

Maybe a reduced timer for FOB closest to the defence flag, or attack flag. 

As to good game play it depends on good SL's and its not always the luck of having a team of them. 

It is the result when people treat the game like Battlefield. Unfortunately there is no one good answer and it also has divided the community on theory as to how the game should be played. Some of us want it more slow and deliberate with mistakes being punished while others like a much more fast paced run n gun style. I think Squad will have to pick one side over the other because the middle ground just doesn't seem too fun to anyone.

That being said, as for your issue I think Smee hit it with respawn timing. I think it is a logistics issue. Make HAB respawn timers increase with distance to Main. That way risky FOBs can't overrun an opponent in a blink of an eye. This would also help with making logistics semi autonomous. It would also work to keep play more towards the middle of the maps which is where OWI has seemed to want to focus it. It would help the tug of war as well. As one side pushes they take longer and longer to respawn as their supply lines are stretched while the other side can reinforce much more quickly. That's my rapid thought on it anyway.

Prior version had the HAB "meatgrinder" where everyone pitched a fit about people farming them for kills.

So then Devs listened and provided you a solution by making the HAB easily disabled. Now people complaining about their fix? That's hilarious. This is a behavior & communication issue not a game mechanic problem that can be "fixed" by yet another modification designed to change the herd mentality.

If the SL isnt kicking people then its an SL problem and leave the squad.    I kick people if they tend to keep doing stuff that is not in the interests of the squad.  If someone spawns on wrong fob I give them a chance to communicate, if no response or they keep doing it their kicked.

You cant fix stupid or selfish players, I do think habs are far to easily disabled now and should require some sort of heavy weapon/ied to destroy rather than the double whammy of 3 disabling and then able to dig it down.  The meat grinder in a sense was exactly the same thing, stupid players spawning in when told its compromised and thinking they can get it back, came down to communication.

After nearly 3000 hours int he game I havent played for about 3 months, I just think that the game has edged to much in the arcade direction with rush TDM mentality overly influencing ticket loss especially through vehicles.     For me not enough was ever done to encourage good play and discourage / punish selfish bad play.   

btw Rogue... not Rouge.... that would suggest bunch of guys running around with bright red cheeks ;)

Edited by embecmom

Leapfrog/ bounding is the best solution to the issue.

If proper communication is going on the defense squad will be better set up to attack the next point (a supplied login, full squad of alive players, full ammo) and they can leave when the attack squads are at 30%+ cap on the neutral flag, meaning they can get to the next flag and have a fun down before the attack squads can leave the flag they are capping.

The squads that took a point are also generally the best set up to defend it, they have a near by fob, need to revive and re arm (so the lull between cap and counter attack can be used for this) they have an idea where the enemy off point fobs might be so they can attack them. And they need the time after the counter is repelled to get ready to attack again (logi run, re arm, pick up/ repair APCs etc).

Leap frog solves the problem of the attack squads being out of AT and low on ammo and bandages which always happens with sustained attacks, and is insanely annoying for players.

Lastly uf the defense now on attack squad runs into a tank or mine on the leap frog it's not a huge deal as they will spawn at the recently capped flag to fight the counter and an attack squad can keep the push up but if the attack squads do that you see a struggle to get a new forward fob up (low resources multiple lost logis) and a stalemate. 

Posted (edited)
On 22-2-2019 at 10:57 AM, embecmom said:

You cant fix stupid or selfish players, I do think habs are far to easily disabled now and should require some sort of heavy weapon/ied to destroy rather than the double whammy of 3 disabling and then able to dig it down.  The meat grinder in a sense was exactly the same thing, stupid players spawning in when told its compromised and thinking they can get it back, came down to communication.

It's actually only 2 enemies within 30m :ph34r:

Also, sitting on a defence cap where nothing happens with a full squad is a waste. If the attack point is near enough, i often send 1/3-50% to help and the rest spread out around the cap with me like an early warning system.

You'll run into contact alot quicker so less boredom. There's always one or 2 random dudes trying to get in alone for the sake of kills.

Edited by oTec

26 minutes ago, Break_Stuff said:

proper communication 

Proper communication and tactics is usually the solution for everything, and even if it doesn´t solve the problem, just the implementation is reason enought o play the game. The problem some players find is that it´s quite hard to coordinate and play with some "reasoning" and organization in public servers. The average player is ignorant, selfish, disrespectful, and feels entitled to do whatever he wants because he bought the game. 

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 1:07 AM, vXvONE-SHOTvXv said:

It's very frustrating, especially when some random blueberry hops on your tow, shoots two rockets (and misses), and doesn't do any loggi runs.

SL's simply don't kick players to don't listen/do whats needed to not get decimated. And good luck trying to change their behavior. Yet the whole team pays for it...happens 2/5 games.

Any other suggestions how this can be fixed?

Now, some people, like the OP want to solve this by limiting the possibility of "tactical" mistakes. I´m sorry but I disagree, I know it sucks to suffer from the OBVIOUS mistakes some people on your team make even though tyou´re warning them about it.... but that´s the beauty of a team-game. 

That´s the point of it. 

1 minute ago, Nightingale87 said:

The problem some players find is that it´s quite hard to coordinate and play with some "reasoning" and organization in public servers. The average player is ignorant, selfish, disrespectful, and feels entitled to do whatever he wants because he bought the game. 

This could be solved if people who aren't in the mood to organize and work with other reasonable people didn't SL that round. 

I hope the implementation of a Commander role comes soon and sorts some of this out.

But I'm a big fan of the off ignored leapfrog/ bounding attack and I'm going to remind people of it's pros for a long time.

12 hours ago, Break_Stuff said:

This could be solved if people who aren't in the mood to organize and work with other reasonable people didn't SL that round. 

I hope the implementation of a Commander role comes soon and sorts some of this out.

I´m sorry. I think this can be solved. It´s just what it is. PUBLIC MATCHES. 

The only reason PR achieved such level of greatness is because people take every round seriously. Rounds are longer and quite challenging. Everybody knows what to do.

That, of course, comes to a Price. The community is much smaller. I have no problem with it. Just you cant profit from it.