Shakalakah

Weapons/Keys 7, 8, and 9 used?

Not currently.

Currently all inventory items are stacked in keys #1-6 item categories.

Some would prefer to use more keys over having all items stacked in 1-6 item categories,

but the trend in games has been to move the items in groupings.

What do you prefer?

The option to change the key bindings on all the items individually would give everyone the option they preferred.

Groupings allow the same keys to be used as standard throughout all the roles, if each usable item had a separate key swapping roles would necessitate the same keys being used for differing items and would lead to some confusion.

Example: trying to pull my medic bag out using key 4 but forgetting I'm no longer playing medic (as been medic for last 3 rounds) instead pull out a rock (whatever is now on key 4) as I'm now a scout which has no medic bag option.

But like most FPS players I rely on muscle memory rather than look, when first starting to play I did miss hit 2 instead of 3 and TK the poor dying guy :( 

Just wondering as I was going to use 7,8,9 for something else. 

I'm using a 12 button Razer mouse, and 1-6 are already used for weps/inv. I use buttons 10,11,12 for my different radio comms. And I'm thinking of putting the quick SL icons for Move/Attack/Defend on 7,8,9. I just wanted to confirm I wasn't going to need 7,8,9 for anything else, at least not yet.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, fuzzhead said:

Not currently.

Currently all inventory items are stacked in keys #1-6 item categories.

Some would prefer to use more keys over having all items stacked in 1-6 item categories,

but the trend in games has been to move the items in groupings.

What do you prefer?

I actually prefer having quick access to all my inventory. I think the stacking works well for keys 3/4. But I would actually prefer having different keys for Bandages/Medic bag and for Shovel/Binoculars. In the heat of the battle it's nice to rely on muscle memory to pull out the item I need instead of "tabbing" through (I know it's as simple as just hitting the 5 key again, but maybe I'm old school). 

button mashing has been a powerful tactic for many games :) 

On 2/20/2019 at 1:06 AM, fuzzhead said:

What do you prefer?

Hmm... 

To utilize rather efficiently, could be used as so that a key does not hold 3 items? (like scout : IED/mine/Bino did I recall it right? -> to have Bino on different slot.... Same goes for Crewman)