Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Vehicle Wrecks destroy with damage

Vehicles wrecks could we not have them take damage to be destroyed to be removed. 

but then how will we make invincible roadblocks and radio cages?

:)

Nope.

Instead make that we could push them off the road.With a tracked type of vehicle.As i am sure MRAP or BRDM could not push out of the way some recked vehicles. 

Been discussed internally a lot, but I don't think it's been slated for work just yet. Some of the suggestions we've toyed around with include blowing the hell out of them, some sort of wrecking vehicle (often paired with vehicle-righting functionality), a sapper/engineer tool to remove them. I think the design folks largely favor explosions still, but we'll see what they ultimately come up with.

Potential problem with persistent undestructible vehicle wrecks and giving players the ability to push them out of the way, is thats adding alot of physics objects in the game world (and having to ensure the physics do not go haywire when players try to do naughty things to them)

Definitely will be putting more work into making vehicle wrecks not indestructible, yeah likely with Engineer demo charges.

In all reality the husks themselves simply serve as an interesting visual. I always considered the persistent husks as something unique and cool. That said, using them to block bridges etc. has always just been a cheese anyway.

A much simpler approach that wouldn't take up a ton of development time would be to simply make a universal husk for all the vehicles that was much flatter and demolished so you could simply drive over it. Probably reduce the draw calls and improve performance as well.

digging can be the magical tool that solves all problems ;)

#I'd happily dig a wreck for a bit if needed. 

I'd also be happy to dig my upside down vehicle to get it back the right way up / unstuck as discussed before.