Moto Moto

SOF Mod suggestion thing

Hey there Squaddies. For the first post on the forums (intro coming next but I already had this typed out so) I wanted to throw in a suggestion for any modders that like the idea and feel up to the task.

I'm not sure how plausible this would be, but it would be awesome if it's possible.

My idea was for a sort of Insurgency (or even AAS) gamemode in any of the already present Middle East maps, but with a twist. ANA (or any other such local armed force) + SOF VS. Insurgents.

The way I had envisioned this was for the SOF part to work sort of how armor or APC squads work, a couple specific roles you can spawn in or pick up which have a different model, gear, and weapons. They could be modeled after any SOF force, either local (for example ANA Commandos) or US based (Army SF, Rangers, etc.). The Local Armed Force part could work much the same as all the other factions, but having some lower quality gear than the US Army, the UK or Russia would provide a familiar yet distinct flavour to the game.

Any of the two parts of this suggestion could work seperatly, SOF could be put in any other conventional/regular faction, and the Local Army could be included seperatly in its own faction, fighting either Insurgents, or even the other factions like the US in an alternate history type deal.

I think this is an interesting idea because of how it sort of breaks up the Squad gameplay just enough to feel fresh while not losing it's identity, being a good fit for a mod.

Maybe this is a dumb idea and all this sounds like the ramblings of a mad man, but I'd like to hear the community's opinions on this.